If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Freesat LCD TV - PRICE DROP

Options
  • 13-07-2009 6:15pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Boardies,

We have just dropped the price on our range of LG 'LF' Freesat TV's which were already selling well and now represent amazing value.

These TV's all all Full HD 1080P and they have a built in Freesat satellite receiver which allows you to receive High Def signals via satellite - see full details here: http://www.freesat.co.uk/

32LF7700:http://www.lge.com/uk/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-lcd-tv-32LF7700.jsp
    We are offering a limited number of the 32LF7700 at our VIP pricing of just £449.95 / €539.99 which is over £200 off the original retail price.

37LF7700: http://www.lge.com/uk/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-lcd-tv-37LF7700.jsp
    The price on this model has now dropped to £599.95 / €719.99

42LF7700: http://www.lge.com/uk/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-lcd-tv-42LF7700.jsp
    Again we have dropped the price on this model to £789.95 / €949.99

These sets feature a gloss black surround and elegant stand, and they look as good as they perform - they are also Energy Saving Recommended. For 1080p LCD TV's with an impressive spec and smooth, good looks, the LF7700's are hard to beat - the picture quality from these LG sets bears comparison with any of the more expensive TV's from Sony or Panasonic and they really are stunning value at this price!

Delivery is just £19.99 on any of these TV's

Please just drop me a line or post if you are interested!

Thanks as ever,

ATB

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Hello,

Regarding the 42lf7700, whats your best price?
    A check on kelkoo.co.uk shows 725 GBP with a free stand and free p&p:

http://www.electrocentre.co.uk/model-4306.html

I'm living in Derry btw, so I can collect.

Obviously price isn't everything but....;)

(I am looking for a stand also in whatever price you give)

Cheers,

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 shane1111

Hi,

Can you give me a price for the LG32LF7700
    I see the price of this model has dropped to £449.00 in a couple of retailers
    and a suitable matching swing out wall bracket, maybe something like
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/...b/prem-am2-blk

Thanks,
    Shane

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

shane1111 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can you give me a price for the LG32LF7700
    I see the price of this model has dropped to £449.00 in a couple of retailers
    and a suitable matching swing out wall bracket, maybe something like
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/...b/prem-am2-blk

Thanks,
    Shane

Guys - apologies this sticky thread is way old - I must ask the mods to 'unsticky' it!

The 42 is now £679.95 http://www.richersounds.com/search/42lf7700

and the 32 is £419.95 - both are in stock at the moment - the AM2 will work with an adaptor plate (its about £20) for the 32LF7700 and that would make a nice system.

Keep me posted if I can assist,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 shane1111

John

Can you PM me the price for the bundle (32", swing out bracket and required plate)

Thanks,
    Shane

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

johnmc wrote: »
    Guys - apologies this sticky thread is way old - I must ask the mods to 'unsticky' it!

John Mc

All done.

Ritz.

• Advertisement

The Ritz wrote: »
    All done.

Ritz.

Jeez Ritzy you're on fire today!

Thanks,

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

johnmc wrote: »

and the 32 is £419.95 - both are in stock at the moment - the AM2 will work with an adaptor plate (its about £20) for the 32LF7700 and that would make a nice system.

ATB,

John Mc

Hi John

Is there a reduction on the 37" LG ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mr.Time

ATB,

John Mc

Hi John,

I'm looking for a bit of advice, please.

I want to get a new TV for my folks and was looking into either of these,

the 42LF7700: http://www.richersounds.com/search/42lf7700

the 47LF7700: http://www.richersounds.com/search/LG%2047LF7700

It would only be used for SD viewing, from a TV aerial. I would be worried that the signal may not be strong enough for such a large TV.

They have a sky dish on the chimney that is unused, would the LG's freeSAT work with that? They are based right on the boarder so they should pick up the signal.

The other option is to get a plasma which I have read is better for SD viewing, such as the Panasonic TX42G10B but I would be worried about the lack of mpeg4 and have to get the TX42G10L model which is more expensive. What do you think?

Do you sell TV stands also?

Thanks for your Time

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭pmq71

I have the 32lf7700 and use my sky dish with it for freesat and it works fine - great picture for SD imho which is what I wanted. I also use an indoor aerial to pick up DTT for RTE/TV3 which also looks great. You'd need to check if you can pick the DTT signals up in your area.

I've also fed it an analogue picture as an experiment and there was a lot of picture noise - I expect it would be the same though for most digital TVs as they relly need a clean digital signal.

PS: No connection to RS - just a happy customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mr.Time

pmq71 wrote: »
    I have the 32lf7700 and use my sky dish with it for freesat and it works fine - great picture for SD imho which is what I wanted. I also use an indoor aerial to pick up DTT for RTE/TV3 which also looks great. You'd need to check if you can pick the DTT signals up in your area.

I've also fed it an analogue picture as an experiment and there was a lot of picture noise - I expect it would be the same though for most digital TVs as they relly need a clean digital signal.

PS: No connection to RS - just a happy customer.

Thanks for that PMQ71, it's good to hear that it works with the dish. Would like to get it from RS, heard nothing but good reports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Apogee

I'd be interested in a reply to #9 too.

Mr.Time wrote: »
    Hi John,

I'm looking for a bit of advice, please.

I want to get a new TV for my folks and was looking into either of these,

the 42LF7700: http://www.richersounds.com/search/42lf7700

the 47LF7700: http://www.richersounds.com/search/LG%2047LF7700

It would only be used for SD viewing, from a TV aerial. I would be worried that the signal may not be strong enough for such a large TV.

They have a sky dish on the chimney that is unused, would the LG's freeSAT work with that? They are based right on the boarder so they should pick up the signal.

The other option is to get a plasma which I have read is better for SD viewing, such as the Panasonic TX42G10B but I would be worried about the lack of mpeg4 and have to get the TX42G10L model which is more expensive. What do you think?

Do you sell TV stands also?

Thanks for your Time

Mr Time,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay,

Yep, it's official - if you have a Sky dish and you connect your LG LF7700 set into it - you will get all the Freesat channels all over Ireland on a free, no subscription basis - you will also get MPEG4.

The 7700's are excellent TV's and to be honest give most of the Pana Freesat models a good run for their money!

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Is the 42LF7700 currently available and can it be delivered or is it instore collection from Belfast too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mjnolan1

Mr Time,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay,

Yep, it's official - if you have a Sky dish and you connect your LG LF7700 set into it - you will get all the Freesat channels all over Ireland on a free, no subscription basis - you will also get MPEG4.

The 7700's are excellent TV's and to be honest give most of the Pana Freesat models a good run for their money!

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

I have a 37LG6000 with Freeview built-in, is it possible to pickup freeview channels with this box connected to a Sky Sat-dish ?

Thanks,

Mjnolan..

mjnolan1 wrote: »
    I have a 37LG6000 with Freeview built-in, is it possible to pickup freeview channels with this box connected to a Sky Sat-dish ?
    Only the LF series has a satellite tuner built-in, so I'm afraid the answer is no.
    You could use a standalone Freesat receiver instead.

Hi John,

Thanks,

Mjnolan..

MJ,

Nice TV but I'm afraid that it cannot do what you would like it to!

Apogee is right - if you want to connect it to your dish you could use this or even better this one will allow you to watch one thing and record another!

Keep me posted and I hope you are enjoying your Monitor Audio Airstream and the Pana Camera!

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

@John - can you inform us whether the 42LF7700 can be delivered or is it only collect?

bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bloke

Hi John Mc,

interested in the 32LF7700. what's your current price on it? Can it be collected from the Philips shop in Dublin? I see it is on the RS UK website for £389.95 at the moment.

Thanks,
    bloke

Apogee wrote: »
    @John - can you inform us whether the 42LF7700 can be delivered or is it only collect?

Apogee,

apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

We're not supossed to deliver the 42LF7700 - but I will break the rules for you - however we are just out of stock - but we should have new stock in shortly - drop me a line with your contact details if you are interested and I'll get one of the guys to give you a call to get you sorted.

Thanks for the post and again apologies for taking so long to get back to you.

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mjnolan1

MJ,

Nice TV but I'm afraid that it cannot do what you would like it to!

Apogee is right - if you want to connect it to your dish you could use this or even better this one will allow you to watch one thing and record another!

Keep me posted and I hope you are enjoying your Monitor Audio Airstream and the Pana Camera!

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc
    Thanks John... I might invest in a Humax closer to Xmas.... Yeah, the Monitor is one serious piece of kit.. I pickup something new every day.

It's my daughters birthday tomorrow, so the Panasonice Camcorder will get it's first spin.

Once again, Thanks to You, Ursula, all the guys in the Philips Shop and all @ RS for a great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bloke

Hi John,

Any update on whether you can supply the 32LF7700?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,436 ✭✭✭Tow

Hi John,

Any news on the availability of the 42LF7700 yet and its current € price, inc discount?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Apogee,

apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

We're not supossed to deliver the 42LF7700 - but I will break the rules for you - however we are just out of stock - but we should have new stock in shortly - drop me a line with your contact details if you are interested and I'll get one of the guys to give you a call to get you sorted.

Thanks for the post and again apologies for taking so long to get back to you.

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

I PMed John a few days back, and it looks like he's not around currently. Is there someone else I could PM regarding the above? Thanks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

@Apogee,

John is off-site on an install, I'd say that his PM inbox is a train-wreck at this stage !

Try contacting Dave or Kenny at Richersounds, or try the office number at the end of John's sig - 00353.1.843.9231.

Ritz.

ap
    Apogee wrote: »

Apogee,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you (and thx to The Ritzie).

The 42LF7700 is in really short supply at the moment so we cannot deliver it (we have delivered it in the past and we do hope to be able to do so again when stocks free up!).

If yuo did want to pop an order on the system with no obligation - please just drop me a mail to johnmc@richersounds.ie and as soon as they free up we will give you a shout.

Alternatively we do have the 42LH3000 available from stock and if you partner that with the Humax Foxsat Freesat receiver we can do that for you at £699.95 / €779.99 - or we can do the superior Humax Foxsat HDR which will allow you to record and watch Freesat (records 320GB!) for just £829.95 / €929.99 - these will be in stock and shippable before the end of this week.

Alternatively again we can do the LG 42LF2500 and the Humax Foxsat Freesat receiver at £669.95 / €739.99 or the Philips 42PFL5604H and the Humax Foxsat at just £689.95 / €759.99 including a 2 year warranty - this is a scorcher of a deal (but stock is tight!.

Apologies again for the delay in getting all the info to you and please just drop me a line to johnmc@richersounds.ie if I can assist or if you would like us to reserve anything for you.

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Hi John,

I would be interested in a Freesat TV if there are plans to stock them. Prob a 32 - 37inch. budget is 5 - 600. Currently using a 19in TV :D so would prefer to wait a get a freesat TV rather than another box (requiring plug, space, power etc..)

Please stick me on a list if you have one !

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Hi John,

I would be interested in a Freesat TV if there are plans to stock them. Prob a 32 - 37inch. budget is 5 - 600. Currently using a 19in TV :D so would prefer to wait a get a freesat TV rather than another box (requiring plug, space, power etc..)

Please stick me on a list if you have one !

JJ,

we normally do the LG 32LF7700 - however at the moment is's really short - if you drop me a mail to johnmc@richersounds.ie with your contact details I'll pop you on a list and if we get free stock I'll get the guys to give you a shout.

We retail the 32LF7700 at £399.95 / €454.99 and the 5 year warranty is just £39.95 / €45.99 giving a total of £439.90 / €499.99 - under your Budget!

Drop me a line if you would like to get on the list and as above we will do our best for you,

ATB,

John Mc& Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

ap
    Alternatively again we can do the LG 42LF2500 and the Humax Foxsat Freesat receiver at £669.95 / €739.99 or the Philips 42PFL5604H and the Humax Foxsat at just £689.95 / €759.99 including a 2 year warranty - this is a scorcher of a deal (but stock is tight!.

Apologies again for the delay in getting all the info to you and please just drop me a line to johnmc@richersounds.ie if I can assist or if you would like us to reserve anything for you.

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc

Hi all,
    Thinking about getting the LG 42LF2500. Powercity have it for €579 right now. Is it a full HD TV or a 1080p HD ready TV? Just a bit confused to be honest. I had though if they were 1080p then they had to be full HD.

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Hi John,

Thanks,

Mjnolan..
    If i may butt in here.......
    Freeview requires an aerial and is really only available if you live in NI or close by, or on the east coast - Wexford area.

Freesat
    as the name suggests, requires a Satellite and is available all over Ireland but has a few less channels than Freeview (Dave, Sky3, Virgin1)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.