Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strawberry alarm Clock FM104 Dublin

• 13-07-2009 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Anyone else find Niamh Crowley's forced fake annoying brash laugh every 5 seconds frustrating?.. Pure ear rape.

Replace her 104 please!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

It is a terrible show, the gags are always rubbish, not funny and annoying. Niamh Crowley is the worst radio presenter in Ireland and never stops laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Its piss poor radio for a station thats way way ahead of the rest.

I know she was taken the piss out of Colm and Jim around the time the boys had the TV games show (and who could blame her). But the sad thing was I know a somepne who sent a text to her during her show to tell her she was just jealous the lads had a tv show and herself and baldy jim would never be as good and Colm and Jim... well you should have heard the lovely voicemail she left him... even the guards got a mention in the response!

she's a class act :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 azsummer

bbability wrote: »
    Its piss poor radio for a station thats way way ahead of the rest.

I know she was taken the piss out of Colm and Jim around the time the boys had the TV games show (and who could blame her). But the sad thing was I know a somepne who sent a text to her during her show to tell her she was just jealous the lads had a tv show and herself and baldy jim would never be as good and Colm and Jim... well you should have heard the lovely voicemail she left him... even the guards got a mention in the response!

she's a class act :o

gah he should of uploaded it to Youtube or somewhere !! :P

agree totally unknown13 , she has to be one of the worst broadcasters on Irish radio... that obnoxious laugh is bloody terrible... ever hear her doing the Crusty Coughlan act, totally cringe worthy and unfunny... get the hell off the radio you amateur ! she's never even done the show on her own, Jim Mc Cabe has done it on his own loads of times..just shows you what experience she has. I am forced to listen to Fm104 all day in my place of work arghhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I can't stand any of the breakfast radio shows in the morning anymore - the SCC is nowhere near what it was with Colm & JimJim presented, and since they've moved to 2FM they've gone downhill too. In fairness to FM104 though, the Strawberry Alarm Clock is no worse than the competing Morning Crew over on 98. They're nearly parallels of each other with the same guests in studio (often in the same week), same bands in, same interviews, and the same godawful "comedy" clips. Thank christ for iTunes and podcasts with some quality comedy clips for the journeys in the morning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Arent morning show supposed to make you feel better and not make you want to go back to bed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CelticHamster

azsummer wrote: »
    Anyone else find Niamh Crowley's forced fake annoying brash laugh every 5 seconds frustrating?.. Pure ear rape.

Replace her 104 please!
    I'm sure they have done exhaustive market research that shows their core target demographic loves her. We all get old, maybe you need to try switching over to 'Morning Ireland'.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 azsummer

I'm sure they have done exhaustive market research that shows their core target demographic loves her. We all get old, maybe you need to try switching over to 'Morning Ireland'.;)

You're either an FM104 dj, or a head boss at the station.. you're definitely not Niamh, those words used would be out of her vocab. :P

Be realistic, she's a loud brash ignorant uneducated bog head with an overpowering bulldosing fake laugh, she's laughing at fuking nothing most of the time... i'm not saying your breakfast show is complete rubbish, i'm saying she's rubbish..her gags are so unfunny also, with the put on traveller accent the whole time? WTF? I'm 25 too BTW. Too bad you lost Colm Hayes, Jim Jim and Joan Lee, now that was entertaining breakfast radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

ignorant uneducated bog head

potblk.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jimmytwoflutes

Ok everyone, quiet down, management has arrived.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Ok everyone, quiet down, management has arrived.........

Whatever.....

This is now turning into Macken Versus Malt

(There really is nothing for those work experience kids to do these days...)

Cd's and Podcasts for me in the morning, or a bit of Aine Lawlor, must be getting old...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You're either an FM104 dj, or a head boss at the station.. you're definitely not Niamh, those words used would be out of her vocab. :P

Be realistic, she's a loud brash ignorant uneducated bog head with an overpowering bulldosing fake laugh, she's laughing at fuking nothing most of the time... i'm not saying your breakfast show is complete rubbish, i'm saying she's rubbish..her gags are so unfunny also, with the put on traveller accent the whole time? WTF? I'm 25 too BTW. Too bad you lost Colm Hayes, Jim Jim and Joan Lee, now that was entertaining breakfast radio.

Please read in the charter, specifically the bit in relation to directing personal insults at radio presenters.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054887678

Thank you.

Also, enough of the speculation on whether someone works somewhere or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

WTF is going on with that clown "Piérre" :confused: Crazy stuff altogether. The rubbish they go to air with is nothing short of pollution. The fact that Jim and Niamh think this is sooooo funny only confirms the level of humour they are operating at...or indeed being paid top dollar to laugh at any old tripe thats put in front of them :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 lampydoo

Be realistic, she's a loud brash ignorant uneducated bog head with an overpowering bulldosing fake laugh, she's laughing at fuking nothing most of the time... i'm not saying your breakfast show is complete rubbish, i'm saying she's rubbish..her gags are so unfunny also, with the put on traveller accent the whole time?

Yet it continues to remain Dublin's number one breakfast show... you might not like it big whoop the facts are the vast majority of Dubliners do. Enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Manimal

lampydoo wrote: »
    Yet it continues to remain Dublin's number one breakfast show... you might not like it big whoop the facts are the vast majority of Dubliners do. Enough said.

No they don't. 104 have a 20% listened yesterday figure (which puts them ahead of all the other pap stations but still way behind RTE Radio 1). That means that 80% of Dubliners choose NOT to listen to FM104.

As for your 'Enough Said' comment. In case you had missed it this is a discussion board ; you may have a valid point if you say that FM104 are the number one station in Dublin, but a point is all it is, and not a final arguement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

If anyone gets podcasts they would have seen the strawberry alarm clock in the top 3 of the most popular chart around the time Colm and Jim Jim left. Now there not even in the top 30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 lampydoo

Manimal wrote: »
    No they don't. 104 have a 20% listened yesterday figure (which puts them ahead of all the other pap stations but still way behind RTE Radio 1). That means that 80% of Dubliners choose NOT to listen to FM104.

As for your 'Enough Said' comment. In case you had missed it this is a discussion board ; you may have a valid point if you say that FM104 are the number one station in Dublin, but a point is all it is, and not a final arguement.

A 20% listened yesterday puts them 5% ahead of their nearest rival 98. 5% is quite a considerable gap. There is a 9% gap between them and RTE Radio 1, which for a music station that specifically targets a certain demographic is pretty good compared to Radio 1 which would have a broader demographic.

My 'enough said' comment refers to the figures, figures don't lie. The Strawberry Alarm Clock remains the most listened to breakfast show in Dublin and is listened to by a majority of Dubliners compared to its rivals. If you don't like it, switch to something else.. its not rocket science!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

My 'enough said' comment refers to the figures, figures don't lie. The Strawberry Alarm Clock remains the most listened to breakfast show in Dublin and is listened to by a majority of Dubliners compared to its rivals. If you don't like it, switch to something else.. its not rocket science!
    The most listened to breakfast show in Dublin, yes, but it is not listened to by "the majority of Dubliners".

4 out of 5 Dubliners do not listen to FM104, according to JNLR, hence the majority of Dubliners do not listen to the Strawberry Alarm Clock. So it is competely incorrect to say the majority of Dubliners listen to it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

No they dont,they all think its shiite.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

A 20% listened yesterday puts them 5% ahead of their nearest rival 98. 5% is quite a considerable gap. There is a 9% gap between them and RTE Radio 1, which for a music station that specifically targets a certain demographic is pretty good compared to Radio 1 which would have a broader demographic.

5% = 5 people..not enough to start a piss up in a brewery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Degsy wrote: »
    5% = 5 people

Who the f**k was your maths teacher??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭LittleKitty

not a fan at all of the strawberry alarm clock since colm and jim jim left. some very poor sketches, songs and very little prank calls. not to mention the revamped poplife to popbitch.
    who is this crossy they keep refering to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brewski

Jesus christ no, I couldn't listen to that Niamh Crowley, I used to enjoy TSA clock back in the day.. but it's complete ****e now.

Advertisement