Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present Ideas for Girlfriend!!!

Options
  • 13-07-2009 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hi. Just going out about 2 months and her birthday is coming up.

The problem is she says she isn't that big into birthdays. She would prefer me to make her a present rather than buy something in the shop.

Hence it needs a bit of thought on my part which I'm struggling with. Was thinking of maybe getting a picnic together and heading off somewhere for the day. Or maybe getting a collage of photos of us and putting them on a sheet. I know some of this will mean I'll be buying materials but I think there is no other way around that. I will need to buy stuff but the idea is doing a bit of work around it. At least I think so

It's not easy. Any thought would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

make the card yourself it always goes down a treat...

take her to a nice restaurant or away for the weekend as the main present...

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Thanks dm. Yeah am going to make the card myself allright.

Thanks for the ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭paudie2005

make a mini treasure hunt for her n jus a small gift at the end of it..and i dnt mean have her go out trekin across the curragh or nothin!! jus sumtin small round the apartment or sumtin..jus an idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Card made anyhow. Microsoft Publisher is the job. Can add your own photos etc.

Looks like a day trip somewhere will be the main present

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Hi. Just going out about 2 months and her birthday is coming up.

The problem is she says she isn't that big into birthdays. She would prefer me to make her a present rather than buy something in the shop.

Hence it needs a bit of thought on my part which I'm struggling with. Was thinking of maybe getting a picnic together and heading off somewhere for the day. Or maybe getting a collage of photos of us and putting them on a sheet. I know some of this will mean I'll be buying materials but I think there is no other way around that. I will need to buy stuff but the idea is doing a bit of work around it. At least I think so

It's not easy. Any thought would be greatly appreciated.

I wouldnt do the who photo collage OP, ye are only going out two months! Might seem a bit crazy... i know it would to me anyway.

Go to an arts and crafts shop and they have stuff you could make a card with. The picnic idea is great i think. If shes not into birthdays maybe noone made a deal a big deal out of them for her before and this time round you could?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

Picnic is a great idea, you could make a little birthday cake too? It doesn't have to be fancy, even a marshmallow rice crispy cake! I'm no goddess in the kitchen but for my boyfriends birthday I make him a mars bar and marshmallow rice crispy cake (watch your jaws though!) and he loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Misticalz2003

cronin_j wrote: »
    I wouldnt do the who photo collage OP, ye are only going out two months! Might seem a bit crazy... i know it would to me anyway.

Go to an arts and crafts shop and they have stuff you could make a card with. The picnic idea is great i think. If shes not into birthdays maybe noone made a deal a big deal out of them for her before and this time round you could?

I have to agree after 2 month the whole photo collage would seem bit crazy to me too!! A nice homemade card would be lovely!! Defo big yes to picnic idea treat her to all the things she likes to eat

Advertisement