Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air rifle targets

Options
  • 13-07-2009 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Can you buy targets for air rifles? Like not just the paper targets... ones that move and stuff?

I don't know much about rifles so any help would be good...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Ones that move and stuff? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dollybird09

Sparks wrote: »
    Ones that move and stuff? :confused:

ok I didn't explain that very well... probably cos I don't really know what I'm looking for..... I need to get targets for an air rifle... what kind can you get?

Well, you can print out pretty much any target you want, but ordinary paper tears badly when shot with air rifle pellets. There are two main companies we buy our targets from:
    http://www.krueger-targets.com/
    and Edelmann Targets as well, but they don't have a website. Pretty much the same as Krueger though.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Those might won't work for air rifle though - if they're big enough to withstand repeated shots from a .22 or a 9mm, they might be too heavy for a .177 to move. There are airgun versions of those though, DURC and UCDRC use them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I still waiting on the last stage of my application, but when I get it I'm planning on checking this guys out www.nockover-targets.co.uk

They look good to me [though my experience is limited]

Any here used targets like these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Odysseus wrote: »
    I still waiting on the last stage of my application, but when I get it I'm planning on checking this guys out www.nockover-targets.co.uk

They look good to me [though my experience is limited]

Any here used targets like these?

Just be very careful about getting any targets with a flat steel backplate. Some of the targets and target holders they sell have this and you must be aware that the backsplash distance of the air rifle/pistol is 10m.

So either shoot them at a greater distance or don't use them at all as you could shoot yourself :eek:

The reactive ones should be OK as the plate will move and dissipate the backsplash energy, but anything with a fixed plate is complete no-no at anything less than say 15m to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

rrpc wrote: »
    Just be very careful about getting any targets with a flat steel backplate. Some of the targets and target holders they sell have this and you must be aware that the backsplash distance of the air rifle/pistol is 10m.

So either shoot them at a greater distance or don't use them at all as you could shoot yourself :eek:

The reactive ones should be OK as the plate will move and dissipate the backsplash energy, but anything with a fixed plate is complete no-no at anything less than say 15m to be on the safe side.

Advise fully noted, cheers thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

these defo wont work with a .22 air rifle .the targets are just too heavy ,found out the exspensive way:o
    ian

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

ianoo wrote: »
    these defo wont work with a .22 air rifle .the targets are just too heavy ,found out the exspensive way:o
    ian

Ouch, will bare that in mind a friend was after something similar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement