Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Something cool I noticed in Futurama (Possible Spoilers)

• 13-07-2009 6:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

This post will contain spoilers for those who have not seen season 4 yet.

I was watching the episode "The Why of Fry" from Season 4 of Futurama today and we find out that it was in fact Nibbler who pushed Fry into the freezer, and he didn't actually fall in. So I re-watched the pilot today and you can see Nibbler's shadow just as Fry is falling into the freezer. I know it is just a small detail but I thought it was cool how the writers planned ahead for this story. Something you wouldn't see in the Simpsons.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I havent watched futurama in ages but that is pretty cool.I love when writers of these shows are so on the ball.As you said it is only a small thing but it annoys me when there are loads of inconsistensies in shows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Just another example of why that show was/is ahead of it's time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Just another example of why that show was/is ahead of it's time
    Sure is. The story lines are much better and creative than other shows too. The episode "Roswell that Ends Well" comes to mind, where it was in fact Fry and the gang who crashed in Roswell in the 40's and Fry becoming his own Grandfather. Classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Dman001 wrote: »
    Sure is. The story lines are much better and creative than other shows too. The episode "Roswell that Ends Well" comes to mind, where it was in fact Fry and the gang who crashed in Roswell in the 40's and Fry becoming his own Grandfather. Classic!

Or "a Big piece of Garbage" where the gang have to attempt to stop a Trashball from destroying New New York. It was very cleverly done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Ridley

Dman001 wrote: »

"You ought to marry her and father some children right away!"
    "Yeah, folks say that, but did you ever get the feeling you're only going with girls cause you're supposed to?"

"O_O"

The episodes I enjoyed most were Luck of the Fryrish and The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings.

Like the movies aswell, but I think Bender's Big Score ruins to the impact of the pay off to some of the episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Because of what happened in the episode "The Why of Fry". If you watch the episode "Jurassic Bark" during the flashback scene when Fry is once again in the cryogenics lab, just as he falls back into the tube, under the desk there is now two shadows, the original Nibler shadow and now the shadow of Fry.
    Niblers shadow appears in every flashback to that scene in the entire run of the show. Except in the episode "Anthology of Interest I" where Fry wondered what would have happenned if he never fell into the tube, meaning there was no reason for Nibler to be there.
    The chair is also sometimes a different colour, but I wouldn't read too much into that :D

Space Pilot 3000:
    spacepilot3000.png

Jurassic Bark:
    jurassicbark.png

Anthology of Interest I:
    anthologyofinterestip.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Very cool indeed. Isn't there an episode where you can see Niblers eye thingy poping out of the bin beside the desk where Fy is sitting in the Lab?

Advertisement