Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge attachment jamming my email! HELP!

Options
  • 13-07-2009 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭

I made the mistake of sending an email with 2 massive attachments this morning. And it seems to be jammed somewhere! I keep getting the aVG email scanner thingy popping up on the bottom of the screen saying "Sending message to jobloggs@workmail.ie 35%" but it seems to time out or something as it will get to 60% or even more (haven't been sitting staring at it all day to see!)
    I've restarted the computer, I've disconnected the broadband, I've changed the time out to 5 minutes in the email account properties... but the bloody thing is still there at the bottom of the screen! :mad:

I rang BT tech assistance (I'm in the UK by the way) and the person I got through to was no help, said I'd have to pay £8 per month to speak to someone who know how to fix my problem!!! :eek:

So can anyone help me... please?! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What program are you using to check your email? You can go into the options and set it to download headers only - then delete the email when you see the header - then change it back so it downloads everything.

Also, if it's a POP3 account it should be possible to access it via www.mail2web.com - means you can delete the email without having to DL the attachment either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Thanks for the super quick reply! :D

It's Mindows Mail I'm using. And it's a mail I sent, not one I'm receiving so I can't get at it in web2mail. It's in my sent folder but it's just this AVG scanner thing htat keeps popping up saying it's scanning the outgoing message.... but it keeps going back to the start over and over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Oh right, sorry about that.

Close your mail client and disable AVG, then open up the email again and try send it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

is it stuck in your windows mail outbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

Random wrote: »
    Oh right, sorry about that.

Close your mail client and disable AVG, then open up the email again and try send it?

just disable the email plugin in avg

also check in windows mail that the outgoing server for the account has not been changed.

some AV programs (mcafee, norton ..) change the account settings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Thanks for the replies and advice! :D

In the end I ticked a box in the email account properties... under "advanced" I ticked "Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items'" and deleted the whopping email from deleted items. Then I shut down for the night and this morning it seems to have cleared up!

Advertisement