Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting started-help!

Options
  • 13-07-2009 6:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi there, i was hoping some people on here might be able to give me advice or at least steer me in the right direction.

Basically am drawing to the end of my time in college and would really like to go into the graphic design field, im doing photography and have a done some projects involving graphics design giving me general knowledge of the ins and outs but i find myself learning it quickly and enjoying it a lot.

What i want to know is if anyone can tell me what is needed for a comprehensive portfolio, what employers want to see etc.

As well as this, whats the best way to get into this business? Freelance work etc? How would one go about finding this?

I get that there's a lot of Qs there but im hoping someone has some light to shed on it!

Thanks!

Advertisement