Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant get contacts off old phone

• 13-07-2009 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

My phone stopped working a few days ago so I bought a new one there today. I put the SIM card into the new phone but none my contacts came up in the phonebook. I have all my contacts backed up on the laptop in a PC Suite that came with the old phone but I cant access them unless the old phone is connected. That phone wont even turn on though. Is there anyway I can get them onto my new phone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What was your old phone? What was your new phone? If they're both the same brand then you *should* be able to restore the contacts from your PC backup without needing the old phone working.

If your old phone won't even turn on then I'd say you may as well give up on that - unless you had backed up contacts to a memory card that's still in it or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

if you have them backed up on pc suite you don't need your old phone, just load on your back up of your other phone on to your new phone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

if you have them backed up on pc suite you don't need your old phone, just load on your back up of your other phone on to your new phone...

The new PC Suite I got today wont recognise my new phone, so cant get the new one connected to the laptop.

Is there anyway of seeing the contacts I had backed up without connecting the old phone.

Old phone is a nokia 6680 and new one is a samsung tocco lite. Getting worried at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

pd101 wrote: »
    Old phone is a nokia 6680 and new one is a samsung tocco lite. Getting worried at this stage.

NOKIA pc suite doesn't work with Samsung phones, thats why it wont recognise.

Borrow a nokia phone, put the contacts on it, then backup the contacts from that to zyb.com and then transfer them to the tocco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you want to send the contacts backup file to me to try out Davys idea then I'll get them uploaded to ZYB and you can download them.

Up to yourself OP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement