Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking Boots recommendations please

Options
  • 13-07-2009 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been asked to get/arrange a nice pair of waling boots for a family member whose Birthday is soon and these will be a gift.

They got to be -
    • Waterproof
    • Ultra comfy
    • high over the ankle if possible
    • approx €100
    Can anyone suggest a good Brand and online retailer please.
    Thanks in advance.

Rgds,
    NIF:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Boots must be comfortable, and the wearer must be sure that they'll fit properly. Because of this, I wouldn't recommend purchasing on the internet without trying on in a bricks n mortar shop first...

Perhaps a better idea for a pressie would be a voucher for an outdoor shop where the family member can go and try on the wide variety of boots and see what suits him/her best?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Brasher have a really comfy boot out at the moment, or did this time last year.
    High boot vibrant gortex, costing 180.00

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,259 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Agree with prenderb, they really need to try on the boots so a voucher would be the way to go. There's nothing more torcherous than bad fitting walking boots :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

I would recommend Great Outdoors, as you can buy online as well as in their shop. Great selection too!

http://www.greatoutdoors.ie/Our_Products/Footwear/Footwear--Light_Hiking.html

Advertisement