Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposits and Notice period for leaving rental apartment

Options
  • 13-07-2009 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi all,

i am new to board.ie. it is very good, informative and full of helpful members forum website.

i am currently renting a apt in dublin. i sign lease for 6 months 2 year ago but i didnt received signed copy from landlord. still i continue renting until today. now i am looking to move out. but landlord is asking for 56 days notice. as per tenant law/rights, i need to give written 56 days notice. but i dont have valid lease.

do i still need to give 56 days notice to landlord? if i give less then 56 days, lets day 28 days notice, how much of deposit i will lose?

regards
    robbieboy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Unfortunately he is correct, under the new PRTB legislation, the amount of notice you should give increases the longer you stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Can you advise on this as to how it increases?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Less than 6 months- 28 days notice
    6 or more months but less than 1 year - 35 days notice
    1 year or more but less than 2 years - 42 days notice
    2 years or more but less than 3 years - 56 days notice
    3 years or more but less than 4 years - 84 days notice
    4 or more years - 112 days notice

Advertisement