Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai everywhere

Options
  • 13-07-2009 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭

does anyone know why the Gardai are all over town? there were Gardai on the port laois road, the O' brien road (and they had detectives with machine guns on that one,) they were also driving all over town too, maybe saw 15 different ones on my hour walk.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

they probably saw someone smoking a joint in the park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

it's due to the influx of travellers.

no lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

I don't think its just in Carlow, because when I was driving up from Tipp on sunday I saw far more guards on the road than normal. Where usually I might see 1 for the full trip, i saw no fewer than 5 (3 on bike, 1 road block and 1 patrol car). Maybe just coincidence but still strange really!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

SV wrote: »

no lie.

heard all this morning thanks SV, spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

patrickc wrote: »
    does anyone know why the Gardai are all over town? there were Gardai on the port laois road, the O' brien road (and they had detectives with machine guns on that one,) they were also driving all over town too, maybe saw 15 different ones on my hour walk.

Damn! They're on to me! Must flee the country, thanks for the tip off! :pac:

• Advertisement

yeh I informed them on you for the 3rd time, as they refused to listen to me twice:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

is there any reason for the influx...wedding/funeral?

was the cemetry mass last night...

apparently there were threats on others going to it, so hence the high Garda presence

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

patrickc wrote: »
    was the cemetry mass last night...

apparently there were threats on others going to it, so hence the high Garda presence

The one in Tullow was Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

I saw absolutely nothing going on yesterday! My powers of observation were worse for wear being Monday!

• Advertisement

following saturday.. you live in the wrong end of town thats all:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Yea I'm fully hydrated now :D I live on the cool side of town!:cool:

HugoIrl wrote: »
    Yea I'm fully hydrated now :D I live on the cool side of town!:cool:

thats why you spend more time on this side of town so:pac: your ready for more are ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 babybel21

was it not because it was orange day maybe dey were on the look out for ppl protesting or something:)

it was on the Nationalist....concerns about a ongoing feud between 2 families, and ensuring that people could attend the cemetery mass thing without concerns of incidents etc

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

Does anybody know what was going on at the merck plant? It looked like a crime scene when past it on the way home.

was the body of the woman found there?? would make sense if it was 2km outside of town on the dublin road...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Yeah that's where the body was found alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭onzlo

SV wrote: »

no lie.

it was the same in tullow but there was a graveyard mass goin on and it happennes every year

Hey be decent i know its not the best place to live and have the least amount of fun stuff, but this only occurs when there is some sort of traveller wedding/funeral/important mass goes on, then they all come down to tullow from wherever and wreck the place. And besides when was the last time a body was found in a public place in tullow? (no harm intended)

• Advertisement

Its horrible i know but they wouldnt really be missed(maybe there cheapish flooring and furniture lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Op, machine guns? Wha? Seriously?

yeh they had the dectives out with the machine guns was mad to see.

Karlog, banned for a week for trolling and using derogatory terms against travellers, please read the forum charter

Patrickc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Any word on the body?....sounds like a hit and run but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Quiet Lurker

Any word on the body?....sounds like a hit and run but you never know.
    Not thought to be a hit and run. too far in off the road. Been there some time apparently.

where did you hear that? im trying to find information on the rte website...?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Quiet Lurker

Nothing on website. Saw it as i passed last night and it was well in. Word in town is that its not a recent incident

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

yea, passed by it myself today, it is a good 10 meters off the road, it has to be a dump and run, it looks to me to be well in the bushes. i saw the forensics crawling around in there this morning with the "sheet" covering them in. Nothing on the rte website yet will watch the 1oclock news and see if there is anything on that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Heard nothing on the radio news either (Radio one), hell, its Carlow, they usually dont bother with us.

Advertisement