Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with my boss

Options
  • 13-07-2009 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks. Boards user here, going unregged.
    I have a problem at work that's really upsetting me, and I'd like a few opinions on it and what I should do. My boss seems to have a serious problem with me. We've been working together about a year and always got on okay - not exactly best friends but no problems, I could always go to him if I was stuck or had any questions or anything. In the last few weeks though, he's suddenly seems to have become aggressive towards me. He's had a go at me over a few things that clearly weren't my fault - one in particular about 3 weeks ago - and since then, he just won't look me in the eye and when he talks to me, it's cold and very unfriendly, and irritated. He kind of just barks at me whenever he wants something done. I'm so worried that it's something that I've done or said, and I just don't know what to do. I know he's under pressure - we all are - but he doesn't seem to be treating anyone else like this.
    I've been dithering about whether to ask him if there's a problem and if so, what it is. I found myself in the office this morning wanting to cry, almost shaking with panic and my mouth as dry as a bone at the thought of even having to just see him again today.It sounds like an extreme reaction I know, but that's how much of an effect it's having on me. It's been going on a couple of weeks and it's making me angry now too, because I resent spending the day in a state like that because someone won't speak to me like a normal person.
    The thing is, how do I say it? It sounds like I want to say " why don't you like me anymore?" which is pathetic, and obviously not something I'd even consider saying. I don't know if it's me, or my work or anything.Am I mad to be thinking this, or will I just wait and see if it blows over??
    For the record, I've never had a problem with anyone in my workplace like this before and I've been there several years by now. I do my best at my job, and there have never been any complaints until this came up recently. It's a first for me, so I just want to know what people think. I'm dreading the thought of facing him again tomorrow.

Advertisement