Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inner Wrist Tattoo?

Options
  • 13-07-2009 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting a Tattoo of a Cross on my left Inner Wrist and have mentioned it to a couple of people who think it's a silly place

So just looking for peoples opinions and also opinion of Girls again on what they think?

YAY or NAY?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Vanbis wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting a Tattoo of a Cross on my left Inner Wrist and have mentioned it to a couple of people who think it's a silly place

So just looking for peoples opinions and also opinion of Girls again on what they think?

YAY or NAY?

Bump, Bump :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

It's your choice mate... It's your body, it's guna be on you for the rest of your life so are you doing it for yourself or for other people???

I've got a star on my right inner wrist and some people think it's really stupid and horrible... I don't care because I didn't get it to please them, I got it for me.

The decision... is yours ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

If you want it get it, tattoo is for you and not anyone else.

Doesn't matter what girls, or fellas think as long as you are happy with it.

I will say though that it is a very visible place to get a tattoo and personally would recommend somewhere you can easily hide it. For job interviews etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 footloose jen

yay! ive got a cross tattooed on my left inner wrist and i love it ,!no ones ever remarked badly about it but i wouldnt care anyway! just make sure you really really want it and you wont go wrong!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Are you just worried about placement of the tattoo? I wouldn't worry too much, however, I think it'll look fine (depending on style) personally speaking I'd go for a celtic cross with a realistic stone effect, you want something a little different and not a generic cross tattoo I presume.
    Choose where you place the tattoo carefully as if you get "into" tattooing a lone tattoo sitting on your wrist could potentially pose a problem further down the line if you choose to get a sleeve.

• Advertisement

Will wrote: »

I will say though that it is a very visible place to get a tattoo and personally would recommend somewhere you can easily hide it. For job interviews etc

This is my main concern at the moment. I just probably give it a bit more thought before i decide. I wasn't planning getting a BIG cross and was already in touch with a place and they advised that because its on the Wrist a Celtic cross would not be a good idea.

I was just planning on getting something small but not too small of course.
    Diceicle wrote: »
    Choose where you place the tattoo carefully as if you get "into" tattooing a lone tattoo sitting on your wrist could potentially pose a problem further down the line if you choose to get a sleeve.

I don't plan on getting lots of Tattoos just the one but who knows.
    yay! ive got a cross tattooed on my left inner wrist and i love it ,!no ones ever remarked badly about it but i wouldnt care anyway! just make sure you really really want it and you wont go wrong!!!!

I've being thinking about this for almost 2years now, just i'm not getting any younger either.

Thanks all, that "Bump" seems to work wonders :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Traviata

If u really want it, do it!
    Because if u have to hide it, and u really want it, u'll make it:D
    I have a Tat also on my inner wrist till my ellbow, and its no problem at all :)

Traviata wrote: »
    If u really want it, do it!
    Because if u have to hide it, and u really want it, u'll make it:D

I was looking at where i would want it last couple of days just tring to see and it would be easy to hide if it came to it.

I'm thinking of dropping in this saturday and having look at designs and booking the Appointment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ohiggins

I've seen that a lot, and let me tell ya this, my Tattoo artist <name> @ <shop name> shop, <some> st. , he's pretty rad doin that, I've seen him freehand fancy writing and I think his style is pretty original... lots of ornaments and cool edgy lines... check his website
    the prices are good aswell
    OJ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

last warning...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

ohiggins wrote: »
    <spammy jabbering>

3 posts and all 3 promoting the same place? Doesn't seem weird or shill like at all!
    "Anonymous" self promotion does more harm than good IMO. Let your work speak for itself or be upfront and you can just add your portfolio to the Artists sticky. Much easier. Less typing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

a friend of mine has her inner wrist tattoo'd - a small delicate tattoo and she works in a rather conservative industry - she's never had any isues work wise with her tattoo - just polite curiosity :) she actually got a tattoo yesterday on her other inner wrist too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Duchessofdoom

I have a tattoo on each wrist and I love them, I've never wanted to hide them, they are part of me like it or not. I have to say most people give good feedback. Tattoo artists normally do them about an inch or so from your wrist anyway so a long sleeve will hide it. Good luck and I hope you love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭MelonieHead

Hi Vanbis,

I got a tattoo on my wrist a week and a half ago. It didn't particularly hurt, not on the inside of the wrist anyway.

Have a good think about the design. I knew what I wanted but the tattooists, both of them, tried to convince me that the way I wanted the tattoo was upside down. They did do it the way I wanted in the end though.

Good luck.

Advertisement