Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 lights from the one source

Options
  • 13-07-2009 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I need to connect two lights to one source in a basement. I was reading that I should feed the first light directly from the source and then piggyback the second one one the first one. Is this correct ?

What is the best what of doing this and what grade cable should I be using ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

So you want one switch to control two lights?

Its straight forward; mains to the switch - from the switch to the first light and then looped to the next light. Lights are normally done in 1.5mm pvc, either singles or twin and earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Davy wrote: »
    So you want one switch to control two lights?

Its straight forward; mains to the switch - from the switch to the first light and then looped to the next light. Lights are normally done in 1.5mm pvc, either singles or twin and earth.

thats what I've been doing, thanks ;)

Looks like a bit of faulty cable :mad:

Edit - Problem solve, thanks Davy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

KTRIC wrote: »
    thats what I've been doing, thanks ;)

Looks like a bit of faulty cable :mad:

Edit - Problem solve, thanks Davy.

Can you explain more exactly what you have done. Cables aren't just faulty, could be plenty reasons.

How much do you know about electrical? You understand the lights need a neutral connection, if you dont then someone else should do doing it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Davy wrote: »
    Can you explain more exactly what you have done. Cables aren't just faulty, could be plenty reasons.

How much do you know about electrical? You understand the lights need a neutral connection, if you dont then someone else should do doing it for you.

Mmmm, faulty person then ;)

I know the basics, I did all the lights and switches in our apartment correctly. I was doing just as you said to be honest, I think there was a loose connection somewhere. I took the whole thing apart , reconnected it and it worked.

Thanks for the advice. :D

Advertisement