Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good luck in new home blessing

• 13-07-2009 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Hey, quick one...

Could anyone tell me a kind of "good luck in your new home" type blessing as gaeilge to write in a card?

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Damn I wish you'd asked this last week, I got a card for my cousin in Conamara and it had a message of the format 'go dtuga dia lúchair oraibh i bhur teach nua'! If you can wait I'll be in the shop tomorrow and can get the phrase? :) Or maybe someone will come to your rescue before then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

ádh mór duit i do/(bhur) (d)t(h)each nua

do for his would have the h
    do for her wouldnt
    bhur would have the d before and no h

---
    this is how i would say it - tho my structure has been off numerous times for essays and the likes so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭An gal gréine

Ádh mór ort i do theach nua.
    Teach ar dheis gréine agat ! (May your house face the sun)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Assuming it's south facing already or if it's a mobile home!! :D

Got the one from the shop anyway:

Go dtuga bhur dteach nua lúchair agus áthais daoibh (may your (pl) new house bring you great luck and happiness).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Forgot to get back - thanks all for the suggestions

• Advertisement
Advertisement