Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another crash on the Dublin Road

Options
  • 13-07-2009 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

This time at the lights beside Kingsvally Hotel, Galway Crystal. At least 3-4 cars involved one of them was upside down. Not sure was anyone badly hurt but hopefully everyone was ok.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭magicface

I came on to this coming home from training the car upside down was not in good shape at all! 3 fire brigades and 3 ambulances and loads of guards around! Hope to god there was no one killed but from what I saw it looks likely there was someone killed! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Pool4Life

I came on the accident as i was leaving a nearby restaraunt there was two cars involved a number of people in each car 4 in 1 anyway. As far as i know there there is no fatalities. Cars have been removed now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 gizzemoto

I hope all is Okay and no one seriously injured and I hope its nothing todo with that traffic light that blows around in the wind on the turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

I would say its more to do with people driving through a red light going towards town. Don't know how many times I have had to break because of it. Thats just a guess though as I didn't see it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

People coming out of town and turning into the Kingsvalley have a bad habit of ignoring the red filter light there, and driving across traffic when they should be stopped. They do the same thing at the lights on Seamus Quirke Road (beside Aldi), ignoring the red filter light for the turn into Shantalla.

That's 3 accidents in 3 different parts of a 1 mile stretch in 2 days; what's going on over there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fago

The number of accidents on this stretch of road is unbelievable. It seems to be a combination of bad engineering and bad driving.

Yesterday evening about 6 at Duggans lights I witnessed my 2nd accident where the bus lane merges.

Outside of Days hotel, Car number 1 stops before the yellow box which allows the buses to filter back in, car number 2 doesn't react in time (assumes car number 1 is going up closer to lights) and rear ends car 1. I've seen this twice.

other issues:
    - bus lane on the way into town is too narrow.
    - visibility at dawn dairies for cars pulling out is limited. I've seen a citylink bus cut the front off a car trying to nose out.
    - buses drive way over the speed limit when cutting inside traffic, causing further risk. I've been undertaken by buses while doing 40 on the dublin road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Kevin11

Passed through there yesterday evening. Looked pretty bad.
    Good to hear nobody killed.

Off thread there is another black spot at lights at GMIT.
    At least twice a week I see cars mow straight through red lights there
    I honestly believe some drivers dont actually see there are lights there.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

fago wrote: »
    The number of accidents on this stretch of road is unbelievable. It seems to be a combination of bad engineering and bad driving.

Yesterday evening about 6 at Duggans lights I witnessed my 2nd accident where the bus lane merges.

Outside of Days hotel, Car number 1 stops before the yellow box which allows the buses to filter back in, car number 2 doesn't react in time (assumes car number 1 is going up closer to lights) and rear ends car 1. I've seen this twice.

other issues:
    - bus lane on the way into town is too narrow.
    - visibility at dawn dairies for cars pulling out is limited. I've seen a citylink bus cut the front off a car trying to nose out.
    - buses drive way over the speed limit when cutting inside traffic, causing further risk. I've been undertaken by buses while doing 40 on the dublin road.

Thats 5 crashes on that road in the last 2 days. 2 minor and 3 major crashes. Its gone mad I tells ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

dcukhunter wrote: »
    Thats 5 crashes on that road in the last 2 days. 2 minor and 3 major crashes. Its gone mad I tells ya.

And not one happened on "The magic roundabout" :eek:

Advertisement