Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pride, discussion of

• 13-07-2009 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

OK, after watching The Street tonight, dunno if anyone saw it but it got me thinking about pride. I wonder if I'm weird for not really having stubborn pride.
    I certainly would serve a hard bastard that threatened me to not get battered. Pride seems foolish to me, and I've never seen it as weakness to not take ones dignity too seriously, or take an assault to it and move on.
    In fact is ones dignity in courage bordering on foolishness, is it such a sin to concede fear? Not to me, but maybe some cultures, by class or nationality, view it differently.

What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Affable, I have asked you before to make your posts here to be of philosophical relevance.

This forum is for the discussion/debate of philosophical matters. It is not a place for people to throw out whatever random idea happens to run through their mind.

I strongly suggest you desist in using this form as a mental dumping-ground.

If you wish to engage in debate or discussion regarding philosophical matters I welcome that entirely, but the broad scope of philosophy does not cover anything and everything that happens to run through a persons mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement