Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sick of this countrys stroke pulling mentality

• 13-07-2009 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,
    once again the boys with the friends in the right places have managed to slip into reps 4 just in time, yep you know the ones , they always manage to be on the gravy train while the rest are too busy breaking our selves up working. i know what your thiking if ya can't beat them join em, but its not easy to do this, because these guys have this down to an art.

remember when mcsharry's reforms were set up to support the smaller farmer and level the playing field, what horse s**t that was . in my area i see the same small farmers struggle while thanks to cap reforms the big guys in my area have 150k plus in single farm payments. and we all heard of wealthy business men building up large amounts of beef numbers in the 3 reference years. this is not "luck". these boyos have the inside track

these same boys over the last ten years would get planning permission on anything they wanted cos they knew a lad who new a lad. while ordinary joe couldn't get permission to fart.

any way i'm stopping now cos i sound bitter and i'm not. just browned off at never catching a break and always having to break myself up doing it the hard way .(i,m last year of reps 3) :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freedom of info

alleyb wrote: »
    Hi,
    once again the boys with the friends in the right places have managed to slip into reps 4 just in time, yep you know the ones , they always manage to be on the gravy train while the rest are too busy breaking our selves up working. i know what your thiking if ya can't beat them join em, but its not easy to do this, because these guys have this down to an art.

remember when mcsharry's reforms were set up to support the smaller farmer and level the playing field, what horse s**t that was . in my area i see the same small farmers struggle while thanks to cap reforms the big guys in my area have 150k plus in single farm payments. and we all heard of wealthy business men building up large amounts of beef numbers in the 3 reference years. this is not "luck". these boyos have the inside track

these same boys over the last ten years would get planning permission on anything they wanted cos they knew a lad who new a lad. while ordinary joe couldn't get permission to fart.

any way i'm stopping now cos i sound bitter and i'm not. just browned off at never catching a break and always having to break myself up doing it the hard way .(i,m last year of reps 3) :mad:

unfortunately the stroke has become a national pastime, corruption is rampant and will not change in the foreseeable future, our problem as a people is we appear to like rogues, just look at leinster house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 Keeperlit

Can see where your coming from with the statement about the reference year...some very dodgy manouveres done around that time....seen a man fill a four bay double slatted shed and buy 400 cull ewes in one of those years.....these ewes were selling at £2-10..............could never understand what he was at until the reference years idea was revealed?that same farmer now has 60 ewes and no cattle!

Not so sure about the REPS scenario.........would be enraged if there was tip offs and the farming bodies let it come to a head.........its passing off far to quietly for my liking........

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

alleyb wrote: »
    ....... just browned off at never catching a break and always having to break myself up doing it the hard way .(i,m last year of reps 3) :mad:

Agreed but, there is pride and satisfaction in doing it that way. And integrity!

You must be able to respect yourself.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

greysides wrote: »
    Agreed but, there is pride and satisfaction in doing it that way. And integrity!

You must be able to respect yourself.

unfortunatley being straight doesnt garner much respect from the wider community in this country , stroke pullers have always been held in high esteem in this country , its common in many post colonial countries , a hundred years ago , the system was the enemy of the people and screwing the system was seen as sticking it to the man but while the britts are gone , the old charechteristics remain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

People like rogues because they hope to someday get in with them and start sucking on the teat themselves.

People who speak out against it are perceived to be up on their high moral horse and disliked on account of it.

Yes, the post-colonial thing is true. 90 years old now nearly and we are still a spoilt toddler of a country.

Sick isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

I don't agree really. We did well for the reference years and just made it into reps 4, but really was just down to my father being 110% clued in and a certain amount of luck.

Advertisement