Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camcorder troubles

Options
  • 13-07-2009 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

having trouble with lines on screen during playback from a mini dv camcorder. Any ideas would be a great help. Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

I had problems like this from my sony Hi-8 for couple years so left it to gather dust thinkin it was caput. I tried cleaning it all manner of ways but then by fluke I tried inserting a brand new tape and pressing record, just a couple o seconds.this seemed to snap it back to normal. so then I play my other tape and there is no big grey lines and I can capture the footage.but afdter i press stop once or twice it goes back to grey lines like its dirty heads so I have to put in the new tape, press record and start all over again.but it works and i can still use the camera.I thought my wedding video was lost for 2 years till i started to tinker around with it and found this method out.by fluke just when id given up.
    tell me if this works for u. oh and try cleaning it first. u will get a cleaning kit for around a tenner in a photo shop and look online for directions how to clean heads.

good luck

Briano.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭afatbollix

ya heads are dirty... easy way is just to play a full 60 minute tape and it shoudl unclog itself... or buy a cleaning tape....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

if a tape messes up its usually like to happen at the start of the tape so i always try to point the camera at the floor and record 1 minute

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Sorry if im hijacking the thread, dont mean too, figured id use here insted of making new thread!

Anyway, my dad has (had) a sony DV camcorder, It works everywhere, not a bother on it in Ireland or anywhere in the world, but he has been to egypt twice with it, and both times it would not work. Would not take tape, if it took tape it would not power on, would not record, nothing happening. We put this down to a mystery of the world and no point in looking into it. But i would love to know, why does this happen? Climate? air? just doesnt like the place?

Thanks!

Advertisement