Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ozzy to part ways with Zakk Wylde

Options
  • 14-07-2009 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Taken from Ultimate-Guitar.com:

"Ozzy Osbourne has revealed in a recent interview with Classic Rock Magazine that he has, for the time being, parted ways with guitarist Zakk Wylde in order to pursue a new guitarist and a new sound."

more here:http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/ozzy_osbourne_parts_ways_with_zakk_wylde.html

All in all, im pretty shocked. Zakks been with Ozzy for so many years now that i guess i never expected it to happen. While hes still number 3 on my list of ozzy guitarists(after Jake e.lee and randy rhodes) he is still some amazing player, i cant imagine anyone easily taking over the reigns. Itl be interesting though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Patricide wrote: »
    Taken from Ultimate-Guitar.com:

"Ozzy Osbourne has revealed in a recent interview with Classic Rock Magazine that he has, for the time being, parted ways with guitarist Zakk Wylde in order to pursue a new guitarist and a new sound."

more here:http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/ozzy_osbourne_parts_ways_with_zakk_wylde.html

All in all, im pretty shocked. Zakks been with Ozzy for so many years now that i guess i never expected it to happen. While hes still number 3 on my list of ozzy guitarists(after Jake e.lee and randy rhodes) he is still some amazing player, i cant imagine anyone easily taking over the reigns. Itl be interesting though.

I was never a big fan of Zakk Wylde tbh, Jake e.Lee had a far better tone. I think he'll find a replacement easily enough

Wonder if Tony Iommi will audition for the position... :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Mick Mars and Ozzy, now thats demonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I think this is the worst decision he has ever made since launching his solo career

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

So who will be his next guitarist??? Slash?? he recently stated he was working on slash's solo ablum????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Wouldnt mind seeing what John 5 could do in that position...

• Advertisement

Just found out Ozzy never told Zakk about it.

Zakk's twitter account response:

Quote:
    I’m doing Blizzcon with him in August and supposed to finish up the cd in September….this is news to me about 4 hours ago from web

I haven’t heard anything about this. Until I talk to the Boss I don’t know. I love Ozzy.about 4 hours ago from web

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Zakk's twitter account response:

Quote:
    I’m doing Blizzcon with him in August and supposed to finish up the cd in September….this is news to me about 4 hours ago from web

I haven’t heard anything about this. Until I talk to the Boss I don’t know. I love Ozzy.about 4 hours ago from web

Wow, this is crazy, I wonder what made Osbourne just decide to do this....has Sharon been up to her old tricks again....

Wow, this is crazy, I wonder what made Osbourne just decide to do this....has Sharon been up to her old tricks again....
    Id recon so, i mean hes just after appeared in a world of warcraft add for gods sake....

Poor ozzy, at least he can still put on a great show. Seen him last year in the point and he put on a cracker...

Rumours going round that Zakk is drinking too much! ? WTF? Ozzy telling Zakk he's drinking too much!! ha ha lol

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Strange to see them part ways but TBH Ozzy is a bit of a lame institution now and can assembly line a guitarist to tour with. Looks like Black Label society are touring soon with Mudvayne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Id recon so, i mean hes just after appeared in a world of warcraft add for gods sake....

I wish ozzy died after Diary of a Madman so I could have even the tiniest bit of respect for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

hyn-zie wrote: »
    Rumours going round that Zakk is drinking too much! ? WTF? Ozzy telling Zakk he's drinking too much!! ha ha lol
    At least he would definitely know. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

In fairness, that makes sense.
    Wylde does have a very distinct sound about him.

If he wants to try a new sound, changing guitarists is definately the first step he should take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Well slash is currently minus one band after the VR situation, and Ozzy is minus one guitarist now... could it happpen?

I for one would love to see it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Well slash is currently minus one band after the VR situation, and Ozzy is minus one guitarist now... could it happpen?

I for one would love to see it!

Would be a totally new style for Slash and TBH he hasn't done anything decent since 1987 although in saying that Ozzy hasn't done anything decent since the 80's either

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Ah now, Black Rain was fairly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Ah now, Black Rain was fairly good.

Fairly good? You really think that? Fair enough I suppose, I thought it was over-processed rubbish.

Just to address this point. Why is it that in the last number of years anytime ozzy makes any stupid decisions his wife always gets the blame, like as if poor ozzy could do no wrong. Very convenient for him I must say.

Onkle wrote: »
    Would be a totally new style for Slash and TBH he hasn't done anything decent since 1987 although in saying that Ozzy hasn't done anything decent since the 80's either

Well Slash has worked with the totally new style of michael jackson before so i think Ozzy would be closer to him than pop music! (although it is more than a little wishful thinking on my part)

I didnt like Black Rain - It was a good pop-rock record, but that isnt really what Ozzy was/is now is it?

Fairly good? You really think that? Fair enough I suppose, I thought it was over-processed rubbish.

Just to address this point. Why is it that in the last number of years anytime ozzy makes any stupid decisions his wife always gets the blame, like as if poor ozzy could do no wrong. Very convenient for him I must say.
    Its not that, its just that ozzys a small bit ****ed up mentally these days, sharon can seem to push him into any decision,especially cause shes his manager. Sharon has a tendancy to book him into things before asking his consent too.

And i didnt think black rain was bad by a long shot imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Slash is finishing up recording a new solo album atm,i'd imagine he'll go out and tour a bit after it comes out so i'd have thought a jaunt with ozzy would be out.

• Advertisement

Ah. Well that certainly kills off that theory then!

:(

lord lucan wrote: »
    Slash is finishing up recording a new solo album atm,i'd imagine he'll go out and tour a bit after it comes out so i'd have thought a jaunt with ozzy would be out.

Mr Hudson won't be touring the album!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

Just heard off Metal Hammer that Ozzy has re hired Zakk Wylde. No idea if this is old news :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

It's crap that he's gone, if he is. A lot people say he's repetitive, but it'd be different without him, seeing as he's Ozzy's longest serving guitarist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Perhaps Sharon wanted to start a reality 'x-factor' style show to find a replacement. :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Perhaps Sharon wanted to start a reality 'x-factor' style show to find a replacement. :pac:

I genuinely would not put it beyond them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Zakk and Ozzy should part ways. They've been in a rut for a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I have to agree with that.

Advertisement