Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Star Trek Film?

• 14-07-2009 3:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭

I know there is a thread like this somewhere. However I am 100% sure it does not include the new film.

As for me, I have always believed and still do that the Wrath of Khan is the best film of the series. Followed by Undiscovered Country then Voyage Home. The new film which I thought was very good gets my 4th spot ahead of First Contact.

Opinions:)

And you can vote more than once, so pick your top 3 or 5, or whatever :)

Favourite Star Trek Film 42 votes

ST 1, TMP
    0% 0 votes
    ST 2, TWOK
    9% 4 votes
    ST 3, TSFS
    26% 11 votes
    ST 4, TVH
    0% 0 votes
    ST 5, TFF
    11% 5 votes
    ST 6, TUC
    2% 1 vote
    ST 7, G
    19% 8 votes
    ST 8, FC
    4% 2 votes
    ST 9, I
    23% 10 votes
    ST 10, N
    0% 0 votes
    ST 11
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭hinduhamster

I'm going to be a complete ASS and divide the movie times,

Favourite is probably - First Contact
    Close second - Generations

Loved wrath of Khan, Awesome! Though I didn't like the latter movies...such as V and VI.

Sorry....had to break the 2 era's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I love watching FC but there are just waaaay too many (obvious) plot holes, when I am watching it, that pull me out of the story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Wrath of Khan is the most bestest one.

Second place would be less certain. It's probably between Undiscovered Country, First Contact and Star Trek '09... depending on my mood.

Goodshape wrote: »
    Wrath of Khan is the most bestest one.

Second place would be less certain. It's probably between Undiscovered Country, First Contact and Star Trek '09... depending on my mood.

I still do not know about Trek '09. Will be on the fence 'till I watch it a few more times.

Just saw your signature.
    Could not be arsed getting counted out of the Church. Cost your man on Hook, yesterday, way too much Time/Effort/Money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I still do not know about Trek '09. Will be on the fence 'till I watch it a few more times.
    Yeah, remains to be seen how it'll stand up to the others with repeat viewings... Saw it twice in the cinema, though, and would have loved to go for a third.

Just saw your signature.
    Could not be arsed getting counted out of the Church. Cost your man on Hook, yesterday, way too much Time/Effort/Money
    I think there's a thread in Atheism / Agnosticism about it... a little off topic for Star Trek forum ;). But I haven't sent my letter yet... just got it printed the other day. Can't at the moment see where time or money will be spent. Print, sign, send... Takes about 20mins and the cost of a stamp+envelope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Wrath of Khan is deffo my favourite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

I know there is a thread like this somewhere. However I am 100% sure it does not include the new film.

As for me, I have always believed and still do that the Wrath of Khan is the best film of the series. Followed by Undiscovered Country then Voyage Home. The new film which I thought was very good gets my 4th spot ahead of First Contact.

Opinions:)

And you can vote more than once, so pick your top 3 or 5, or whatever :)
    First one was good, second was good, lost interest after that. Star wars franchise was better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

OP - that's the stupidest question ever and I'll tell you why ;)

Everyone knows First Contact was the best Trek film ever.
    The newest Star Trek was the first of a new line of Trek films and really can't be compared to the rest - IMO. I did love it though.

I further liked Generations (although this doesn't have the rewatch value that First Contact has) and Wrath of Khan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

FC is the easiest to watch but I think TUC has the most depth, so I'm almost inclined to go with TUC. New film is good, an excellent character piece on spock, but its a bit superficial. I guess I like FC best atm though TUC holds the classical territory.

Sorry... I did mean to say TUC .. of course that was right up there with WOK!

• Advertisement

Random wrote: »
    OP - that's the stupidest question ever and I'll tell you why ;)

Everyone knows First Contact was the best Trek film ever.
    The newest Star Trek was the first of a new line of Trek films and really can't be compared to the rest - IMO. I did love it though.

I further liked Generations (although this doesn't have the rewatch value that First Contact has) and Wrath of Khan.

How is it the best film ever?
    The Borg again send 1 ship... 1. So they sent one ship the last time and lost it. Humans develop further anti Borg weapons and upgraded fleet. So the send 1 ship again. So now they lose 2 cubes, where all they had to do was send 2 cubes the second time

They also travel back in time to assimilate Earth, why would they bother?
    Earth at that time had nothing of value. If assimilating Earth was that important, that they could have accepted it after the world war, why did they not just send the sphere back in time before entering Federation space.

On top of that, if the Borg are that happy to tamper with the time line, why do they not just send their most advanced tech back to early Borg (alá Janeway, at the end of Voyager)?

It is a very entertaining movie, with some very good moments from Picard, but still has all these major plot holes. Also too much Data (as usual)

You could pick out plot holes in everything all day long. Don't really want to get into a time travel debate!

you could but, just like in xi, they are the kind that can distract you from the story.
    That is why i think that fc falls down

Advertisement