Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hav u guys got pin number for leaving cert result??

• 14-07-2009 4:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I dont hav anything bout pin number.. ma friend told me dat it was supposed to be sent by post to ma address...but i havn't got anything...
    Wat should i do?? or wat can i do??? how can i will check my result on 12th??? serious problem..:-<

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

We got ours in school, handed out in May along with the level sheet for your subjetcs.
    You don't need it if you can go in to your school and collect your results, it is for those who are away or cannot get to the school, but the results aren't up on the website until 12 o'clock.
    Call into your school and see what happened about it, after that you should contact the SEC by phone and see about getting a replacement sheet/code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Redbhoy

I got mine before the leaving cert. Check examinations.ie and get their number. Give them a call and they'll give you your number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Redbhoy wrote: »
    Give them a call and they'll give you your number.

I have never heard of anyone doing this and according to the information on the sheet we received it cannot be done.

More than likely your school will be open at some time during the week over the summer. If you call in advanced im sure they will be willing to help if they can.

A replacement PIN cannot be issued (unless the school has your PIN sitting in an envelope somewhere).

Just call into the school to get your results instead. It's no big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

our school didn't hand out our pin yet either. (at least, I don't think it was) :pac:

I better ring a friend. . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

we got it in one of the tests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Why is everyone so anxious about it? Just go up to your schools. Your principal doesn't come to the main entrance and say "Password?" before giving you your results...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Redbhoy

Isaac702 wrote: »
    I have never heard of anyone doing this and according to the information on the sheet we received it cannot be done.

I did it last year. On the day of the results I rang up and said I couldnt find my number and the girl asked my name , address and student number and then gave me the number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Redbhoy wrote: »
    I did it last year. On the day of the results I rang up and said I couldnt find my number and the girl asked my name , address and student number and then gave me the number.
    Ok I guess they are simply trying to limit the amount of extra work they have to do.
    At least by printing the warning it encourages candidates to safely store it and have a better look for the code if they cannot find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jinhamk

I am a student who is from Korea..I am in Korea for my summer holliday so... I can't go back to Ireland to visit school..It might takes 19hours by plane . just calling school on D-day is the best way i think.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

jinhamk wrote: »
    I am a student who is from Korea..I am in Korea for my summer holliday so... I can't go back to Ireland to visit school..It might takes 19hours by plane . just calling school on D-day is the best way i think.,

I think if you can get onto the website (examinations.ie) and either make a call (find someone with skype for a cheaper call) or write an email explaining your situation, they could probably sort you out with a pin via email. I'm not sure though. You'd more than likely need your exam number, address, DOB, possibly CAO number, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Phasers
    Your principal doesn't come to the main entrance and say "Password?" before giving you your results...

^^
    Damn and I was sure that was how it worked:p

Id advise you not too leave it till D-day contact your school first straight away and get advice failing that cintact the examinations committee:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭discostick12

I lost my sheet they gave me with the PIN on it, more than likely I be wrecking the house looking for it the day before they results day.

I think you can ring them and explain that you never got the your PIN and that you cannot make it up to the school the day of the results and I'm sure they give you your PIN or a replacement one at least.

Dreading Aug the 12th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jlockie

I had my sheet with my pin on it in the pocket of my school skirt and my mom decided to put it in the wash and it's completely destroyed :( is there anyway I can some how get the pin online ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Go to your exam secretary, they will have the pin/be able to retrieve it from the SEC.

Advertisement