Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

modern warfare 2 prestige edition

• 14-07-2009 7:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

hey all

just wondering if anyone has seen the prestige edition of call of duty modern warfare 2 with the "fully functioning night vision goggles" it looks pretty sick although the price will be through the roof ill still have to get them so im wondering if anyone knows if i can pre book this in any shops yet ( well girlfriend will pre book since im in chad) game or gamestop somethin like that, any info would be appreciated since im in the desert and not many games around here. bad times.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

the price will be through the roof
    That was my first thought when I read about it.

Cool to see the original COD is coming to XBL/PSN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

they'll have to redo all the branding on that stuff , didnt they re add the call of duty to the title recently :D

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

That was my first thought when I read about it.

Cool to see the original COD is coming to XBL/PSN.

yeah im guessing over 150 definitly and looking forward to playing the old one aswell, wonder is there anyone still online playing cod 2 for the 360 i loved that game cant beat carentan map in multiplayer lol

calex71 wrote: »
    they'll have to redo all the branding on that stuff , didnt they re add the call of duty to the title recently :D

yep thats what i heard too but thats jut the first one off the line as he says so maybe it was just a prototype boxing or somethin... nvg's are gonna be cool tho lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

calex71 wrote: »

They would've have to have done it anyway. Rating Pending on the box also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

I thought someone was doing a really early april fools when I saw this. Some special edition. I can see a large amount of Paintball/Airsoft night games around the start of November as a result of this.

Cant wait for this game it will be savage.

so... has anyone seen any pre orders available for this anywhere yet??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Looks pretty sweet. If one wanted an extra challenge, you could play the game while wearing them! I imagine the price will be insane though, I'll probably just get the Hardened Edition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

RRP of the Hardened Edition is $80.
    RRP of the Prestige Edition is $150.

According to xbox360achievements.org that got their information from a Twitter Account belonging to an Infinity Ward employee.

I would like to buy the Prestige Edition, but that would depend on how robust and authentic the NVGs are. If they are light, cheap and plastic I would pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Want. That is all.

• Advertisement

Liber8or wrote: »
    RRP of the Hardened Edition is $80.
    RRP of the Prestige Edition is $150.

According to xbox360achievements.org that got their information from a Twitter Account belonging to an Infinity Ward employee.

I would like to buy the Prestige Edition, but that would depend on how robust and authentic the NVGs are. If they are light, cheap and plastic I would pass.

So when we take into account the exchange rate the prices should be as folows:

Hardened Edition €80*
    Prestige Edition €150*

*Note all 360 games are subject to Paddy tax that will eliminate any currency difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

Hardened Edition €80*
    Prestige Edition €150*

*Note all 360 games are subject to Paddy tax that will eliminate any currency difference.

its 150 dollars....duno what u mean by paddy tax lol but do u get the code for cod1 on the hardened edition?

marko91 wrote: »
    its 150 dollars....duno what u mean by paddy tax lol but do u get the code for cod1 on the hardened edition?

150 dollars is less than 150 euros but due to the paddy tax we will probably be paying upwards of 150 euros for the prestige edition. Thats what I meant.

Edit: I wonder will this game be region locked because then it might be worth getting it in the states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Seems like a gimmick to me, can't see the point in paying extra for a hardened case and an extra art book. The standard version will do me fine, have no need for night vision goggles and can't imagine them being great quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

marko91 wrote: »
    do u get the code for cod1 on the hardened edition?

Yes, this was confirmed by the same Infinity Ward employee who revealed the prices.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Hardened Edition €80*
    Prestige Edition €150*

Paddy Tax as you put it :D will take it to €180 direction if it is released here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Serj I take it you're in the Army if you're in chad. Just rob a PROPER pair of NVGs!! :D
    I won't be wasting good money on the probable pound shop quality versions you'll be getting with the game.

Paddy Tax as you put it :D will take it to €180 direction if it is released here.

Jaysus I don't want to pay nearly €200 for a pair of pound shop goggles,

I don't like Art books because they don't add anything to the playing experience. The disc will spend all the time in the xbox.

The only thing worth paying extra money for is original COD which I could pick up on XBL.

Cant wait to see what sort of quality the goggles are just for kicks. But it is a total gimmick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Prob get the hardened edition..Cant see me getting any use out of the goggles as cool as they look and all...Stalking purpose maybe?

Asmodean wrote: »
    Serj I take it you're in the Army if you're in chad. Just rob a PROPER pair of NVGs!! :D
    I won't be wasting good money on the probable pound shop quality versions you'll be getting with the game.

im in the navy and if i managed to get my hands on some of them i think they would notice a missing pair of nvg's somehow lol but i collect collectors editions anyway so will be getting it wether the quality is good or not just to have it (sad i know but cant help myself)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

im in the navy and if i managed to get my hands on some of them i think they would notice a missing pair of nvg's somehow lol but i collect collectors editions anyway so will be getting it wether the quality is good or not just to have it (sad i know but cant help myself)

just borrow them and run round a deserted town in the night with ur silenced mp5 capturing the HQ's:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hey il be getting hardcase wouldnt spend that kinda money on something il never need or use!

BTW im a collector edit junkie and i still wont allow myself be taken advantage of like that:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,618 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

all i can say is I want

and bloody hell I could have proper Broadband by November too

what a November it could be for me

edit nearly forgot Ill be able to carry on my hobbie of stalking women even in the night time now :D

ok the junkie now needs a hit after seeing more on this lol! does anyone really think this will be worth that kinda money?

also any ideas on where and when to use these goggles lol;)

my first idea would be kill power to ladies dressing rooms and use em? lol sorry pervo:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

They'd be handy if you needed to go the toilet in the middle of the night and didin't want to turn on any lights, for some strange reason.

If the hardened edition is any more than €10 above the regular edition, I'm just goin for the regular edition cause chances are Call of Duty XBLA game will just be a tenner anyway and that's all I really want it for.

ok the junkie now needs a hit after seeing more on this lol! does anyone really think this will be worth that kinda money?

also any ideas on where and when to use these goggles lol;)

my first idea would be kill power to ladies dressing rooms and use em? lol sorry pervo:eek:

well if your living out on your own and end up buying this game for that price (which i will) then you can and will have to save on electricity costs and since you have your spanky new nvg's no turning on lights at night or as someone said going to the toilet at night lol so it all equals out lol

:eek:
    well if your living out on your own and end up buying this game for that price (which i will) then you can and will have to save on electricity costs and since you have your spanky new nvg's no turning on lights at night or as someone said going to the toilet at night lol so it all equals out lol
    lol great idea i must try that one with my missus! so how do i tell her im splashin 180 notes on a game lol!

:eek:
    lol great idea i must try that one with my missus! so how do i tell her im splashin 180 notes on a game lol!

tell her its an investment for the future when the world has gone into meltdown, the power grid has gone down due to an attack by unknown forces and people are living in a lawless ravaged world where its everyman for himself. explain to her that having night vision goggles will give you an edge on the looting and survival over other people without nvg's and that it will keep you both safe while you sit in the dark and wait... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Theres no way I'll be paying close to €200 for MW2.

Its only the disc that really matters.

I'd like to get the NVG's just for the craic, but ah, not for that price. Maybe for €20 extra for the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Just get the hardened edition and pick up some novelty NVGs online?

Advertisement