Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

modern warfare 2 prestige edition

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Looks cool alright but I'd have a fairly hard time justifying the excessive price tag. Crazy the way I had never had an inclination to own NVG's before and now it's become a rampant desire. Haha. I'll most likely be miserly and pick up the standard edition of the game. I don't collect and dabble heavily in trade ins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jakemarcus27

il pass november is a tough month for me there's loads of games coming out (splinter cell conviction, uncharted 2, assassins creed 2) <<< i can buy all those three for 150 euro wich im gonna be more happy than the useless goggles if it's a goggles were i can see every girls naked il gonna run for it lol but yea il get hardened edition instead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Rip-off That is crazy priced, no way im paying 90 euro for the hardened edition. The disc only edition it is for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Insane money spinner. There was an outcry when Rock Band released the price for their full kit over here when the extras were actually used in the game. This is something that you'll most likely never use unless you're getting fed up walking into your neighbours trees when trying to catch a glimpse in the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Insane money spinner. There was an outcry when Rock Band released the price for their full kit over here when the extras were actually used in the game.
    You don't have to buy the full edition with the NVG to play the game, but you have to buy the instruments to play Rock Band. I don't think there'll be an outcry as they're not necessary to play the game, just an added bonus/something different than a plastic figure, if you're into collecting stuff like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Has anyone seen a EU/UK/IRE seller with a price for the prestige edition yet? Im starting to think that the delay may mean that they are going to bump up the price significantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I can see this being exclusive to one retailer a la gamestop.

creggy wrote: »
    I can see this being exclusive to one retailer a la gamestop.

Yeah same as UK with hmv having exclusive on the prestige edition which they are selling for 120 pound. its safe to say it will be 150 euro at least, no thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 marknigma

Hi guys, Good news, GameStop have just annouced that they have the exclusive rights to this in Ireland. At the moment is at 149.99 but that could change. They are starting taking pre books for it this Thursday. 9pm and there will be a very limited amount of them so get in on Thursday and pre book. It's a 20 euro deposit. They are taking deposits on the Steel Book Ed now

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

If those night vision goggles work in any decent way at all then €150 is a total bargain. Especially if they make the "tweeeeeeee" sound when you switch them on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

If those night vision goggles work in any decent way at all then €150 is a total bargain. Especially if they make the "tweeeeeeee" sound when you switch them on.

Yeah, that just reminded me of Splinter Cell.. :D Speaking of which, another game coming out in November I need. Come to think of it, would have made more sense Splinter Cell coming with the NVGs and Modern Warfare being bundled with....a grenade? Since that is what the game is notorious for! :D

marknigma wrote: »
    Hi guys, Good news, GameStop have just annouced that they have the exclusive rights to this in Ireland. At the moment is at 149.99 but that could change. They are starting taking pre books for it this Thursday. 9pm and there will be a very limited amount of them so get in on Thursday and pre book. It's a 20 euro deposit. They are taking deposits on the Steel Book Ed now

any idea how much the steel book ( hardened ) edition is in gamestop? thanks:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Has anyone seen a EU/UK/IRE seller with a price for the prestige edition yet? Im starting to think that the delay may mean that they are going to bump up the price significantly.

hmv.co.uk have them, they do deliver here, well they did for me with the GTA4 LE. I think it works out about €150 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

its confirmed that gamestop has the exclusive release for this prestige edition in ireland heres a link...

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/18/modern-warfare-2-prestige-edition-exclusive-to-hmv-in-uk-gamest/

now to contact home for someone to pre order for me

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

So when we take into account the exchange rate the prices should be as folows:

Hardened Edition €80*
    Prestige Edition €150*

*Note all 360 games are subject to Paddy tax that will eliminate any currency difference.

I hate it when I am right.
    Joystiq wrote:
    We've also received word from a retail source that GameStop will carry the set exclusively in Ireland, where it will sell for €149 ($211)"

So thats $211 here or $150 in the states, thats seriously overinflated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I just want the game, not some junk I'll never use. Can't understand why people pay extra for stupid sh1t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

uhhh hmv.co.uk priced the hardened edition at 69.99 pound...whatl that be like 80 euro? bit of a rip off just for a token for a ancient cod1, a useless artbook and a steel case:eek:shame on them!!!

marko91 wrote: »
    uhhh hmv.co.uk priced the hardened edition at 69.99 pound...whatl that be like 80 euro? bit of a rip off just for a token for a ancient cod1, a useless artbook and a steel case:eek:shame on them!!!
    TBH it could be €90, thats what it is on play.com, shameful rip-off

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

well i just pre booked mine from hmv.co.uk worked out at about 123 english pounds so whatever that is in euros dont really mind anyway since its a cool looking collectors/prestige edition for the collection..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

djkeogh wrote: »
    Looks cool alright but I'd have a fairly hard time justifying the excessive price tag. Crazy the way I had never had an inclination to own NVG's before and now it's become a rampant desire. Haha. I'll most likely be miserly and pick up the standard edition of the game. I don't collect and dabble heavily in trade ins
    I've wanted NVG before I saw this and now I really, really, really, really, really want these!!! But not at that price!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement