Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoD:MW2 Prestige Edition includes night vision goggles?

Options
  • 14-07-2009 9:07am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMSS12iY1X0

This is from Infinity Wards own channel.

(not in the CoD forum, since the game itself isn't relevant here)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Whaaaaat? Wouldn't a hand-grenade be more appropriate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

They have to be taking the piss

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Krieg wrote: »
    They have to be taking the piss

There are toy NVG systems available.

http://www.amazon.com/EyeClops-Vision-Infrared-Stealth-Goggles/dp/B00153F5QA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Spear wrote: »

Ah, Hadn't realised NVG had reached that kind of development. I was under the impression they were all 1k+ military grade job.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ah, Hadn't realised NVG had reached that kind of development. I was under the impression they were all 1k+ military grade job.

These are barely more than modified webcams, they don't approach military grade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,297 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I read this thread title as Call of duty: Mechwarrior 2

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Nope, NVG's are available to the public, and have been for a long time. We have a NV monoculor for about 5-6 years.

There are differant generations of NVG's. Gen 1 Gen 2 Gen 3 and Gen 4.

The higher generation you go, the better the NVG, normally Gen 1 can be about $150 - $400, Gen 3 and 4 are military, but producers have made these available to the public for a nice price, from about $4,000 to $12,000

The NVG's here are going to be a low quality gen 1 goggle which will dissapoint you. You will not see very far with it, you will not see a lot with it, oh, and you more than likely won't be seeing it in Ireland. A lot of countries ban NVG's from the public. Imagine the boys in finglas and limrick with this type of aparatus... Not good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

Nope, NVG's are available to the public, and have been for a long time. We have a NV monoculor for about 5-6 years.

There are differant generations of NVG's. Gen 1 Gen 2 Gen 3 and Gen 4.

The higher generation you go, the better the NVG, normally Gen 1 can be about $150 - $400, Gen 3 and 4 are military, but producers have made these available to the public for a nice price, from about $4,000 to $12,000

The NVG's here are going to be a low quality gen 1 goggle which will dissapoint you. You will not see very far with it, you will not see a lot with it, oh, and you more than likely won't be seeing it in Ireland. A lot of countries ban NVG's from the public. Imagine the boys in finglas and limrick with this type of aparatus... Not good.

i have a pair for hunting, got them sent from england though....

no troubles with getting them here and it was on declaration form

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

seems like a cheap marketing plan to get people more interested in the game, just like the re-adding of 'call of duty' to the title of the game(except this wont set ya back about 150 quid).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's Modern Warfare 2. All they have to do to get people more interested in the game is make it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭liam09

call of duty 2 is goin to be the best game ever

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

liam09 wrote: »
    call of duty 2 is goin to be the best game ever
    call of duty 2 was released way back in 2005, it was alright but not quite the best game ever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Ok, taking bets on how much were gonna be charged for this....if Europe even gets it!!

USA price is $149 apparantly (thats £92 and €108), so Im going with around €175.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 fluffy.death

At least it's better than crappy little plastic figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

At least it's better than crappy little plastic figures.

They do fit on your desk better than NVG units and Fallout 3 watch/clocks tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

when i read the title i thought it meant you have to buy the prestige edition to get night vision goggles in the game meaning otherwise you'd have to use a torch etc on night levels. thank god i was wrong.

interesting piece of marketing, wont effect me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Overheal wrote: »
    I read this thread title as Call of duty: Mechwarrior 2

:(

Me too :(

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Ok, taking bets on how much were gonna be charged for this....if Europe even gets it!!

USA price is $149 apparantly (thats £92 and €108), so Im going with around €175.

No details of collectors editions have been finalised in europe at all. If they did release this version here it would be upwards of the €175. There have been whispers of a €70 plus RRP for the standard edition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

No details of collectors editions have been finalised in europe at all. If they did release this version here it would be upwards of the €175. There have been whispers of a €70 plus RRP for the standard edition.
    lol cod 4 is 60 euro still

ill just order my copy of the standard version from america.....if its 70 euro.....

most games are 60 dollars on realease there.
    i wonder if therell be any late night q ups for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

I was in Gamestop today and they have a sign on the counter stating they are the only store who will stock this,also they will be taking pre-bookings from 9 am next Thursday at €20 each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well aparantly HMV have the Prestige exclusivity in England so dunno if Gamestop are talking BS or HMV is.

And its €70 in France so probably the same here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

While I was in HMV today one of the staff told me the only way to buy this is through HMV.co.uk,Gamestop also told me in Henry Street they will be getting 8 copies in for each system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

If they think they can hike up the price just because its a sequel to a popular game; I won't be buying it on release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I was in Gamestop today and they have a sign on the counter stating they are the only store who will stock this,also they will be taking pre-bookings from 9 am next Thursday at €20 each.
    Just in case anyone's heading there they STOP taking prebooks at 10!!!
    I ordered mine from HMV, even with postage it cost less than gamestop,
    It's expensive still but worth it- I still have the Halo 3 legendary edition sitting above the microwave in my kitchen! (that included the head of masterchief)

Advertisement