Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post Man shot with air rifle in Finglas

• 14-07-2009 9:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0714/anpost.html

Heard about this on the news. I know that there are a lot of things going on, but this is taking the piss. Now we've to start issuing bullet-proof vests to Posties?!

Up till now all they had to worry about was rabid dogs and randy housewives.

Fuckin scum

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

It was only a pellet gun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No post for you lot either until the little scrote is turned in.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

lala stone wrote: »
    It was only a pellet gun

I dont care if it was a potato gun or just some little dirt bag with some chewed paper and a straw. It would make me hate my job and feel intimidated in work since you cant retaliate against the little c*nt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

It was only a pellet gun

Air rifle / pellet gun is more or less the same thing. Both shoot 4.5mm metal slugs and can cause a lot of damage.

I have an air pistol myself and its fairly lethal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

KTRIC wrote: »
    Air rifle / pellet gun is more or less the same thing. Both shoot 4.5mm metal slugs and can cause a lot of damage.

Way to get caught :rolleyes:
    :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Balls.
    Most air pistols wouldnt penetrate a peice of cardboard at 10 feet.
    Lethal my arse...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Stay where you are TheCitizen will be along shortly to unleash law and order upon you.

Law and order being the names he has given his left and right fists.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

connundrum wrote: »
    Up till now all they had to worry about randy housewives.
    Why would you worry about randy houswives?surely it's one of the perks of the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Just give the Governor OP a "Hurrumph" and move on.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

It was only a pellet gun
    Yeah , and it was only Six Million Jews too.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

ShooterSF wrote: »
    says a guy called Shooter..

DubMedic wrote: »
    Yeah , and it was only Six Million Jews too.

Got proof of that figure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Degsy wrote: »
    Balls.
    Lethal my arse...

A .177 calibre piece of lead flying at around 1000 feet per second won't do any damage? You've obviously never been shot with one... :rolleyes:

oh christ, not this shit again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Just give the Governor OP a "Hurrumph" and move on.

:o

The news report said the Postie was wearing rain gear, and the pellet penetrated the raincoat and shirt, lodging under the skin. Had to be removed in hospital.

Not 'grave danger' damage, still a nasty shock though.

A .177 calibre piece of lead flying at around 1000 feet per second won't do any damage? You've obviously never been shot with one... :rolleyes:

No,but i've shot with them and unless you get somebody in the eye its unlikely to do more than raise a bump and its certainly not "lethal".
    .177 is a pussy calibre for air anyway,real men shoot .22

oh christ, not this shit again.

Postie get's shot with air rifle to holocaust debate in less than a page. One of AH's greatest positives :D

Nope. It's a dead issue i'm afraid.

Get caught doing what ??

Balls.
    Lethal my arse...

I think you're getting them confused with "airsoft" :rolleyes:

Trust me, I shoot you with an air rifle / pistol and you're going to hospital to get some patching up.

.177 is a pussy calibre for air anyway,real men shoot .22

It must be said - this is true :D

Still fúckin dangerous tho - and no bloody skanger should be in possession of either!

• Advertisement

Postie get's shot with air rifle to holocaust debate in less than a page. One of AH's greatest positives :D

It's like godwins law on steroids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Afraid not, the media 99.9% of the time cannot tell the difference between an air rifle and an airsoft gun. One fires metal 4.5mm pointed slugs and the other plastic 6mm balls which won't break skin. People tend to lump them together under the collective name of pellet guns.

One you need a firearms licence for, the other you don't.

Get caught doing what ??

You admitted to having an air rifle, the postie was shot with one therefore you had to have done it.
    (It was a joke)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Why would you worry about randy houswives?surely it's one of the perks of the job.

Somewhere else perhaps. In Finglas? Noooooo.........

You admitted to having an air rifle, the postie was shot with one therefore you had to have done it.
    (It was a joke)

I have one and I don't need a licence for it. If I shot the local postie I'd have the f*cking Polizei outside my house within minutes in riot gear.

Willkommen zu Freistaat Bayern :D

I have one and I don't need a licence for it. If I shot the local postie I'd have the f*cking Polizei outside my house within minutes in riot gear.

You're in Germany? :eek:
    Then...You not only shot the postie but those 6 million jews that guy was on about earlier!!
    ShooterSF, the crime solving dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Noone wants the milkman's sloppy seconds.

You're in Germany? :eek:
    Then...You not only shot the postie but those 6 million jews that guy was on about earlier!!
    ShooterSF, the crime solving dog.

Damn you pesky kids :mad:

Rumbled again !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

connundrum wrote: »
    Post Man shot with air rifle in Finglas

A classic case of "shooting the messenger" if you ask me.

I reckon someone doesn't like getting household bills delivered to them.

• Advertisement

* Awaits Sharpshooter's guilty plea/witty answer to thread *

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

I can see that you have standards.Abandon them,you'll get nowhere with standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

i remember shooting an air rifle away in poland. From about 50 yards, it went through an empty can of beer no problem. Ive no doubt that would hurt like ****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Aren't we trying to ban Paintball....?:pac:

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

DubMedic wrote: »
    * Awaits Sharpshooter's guilty plea/witty answer to thread *

:rolleyes:

Why the roll eyes? :confused:

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Why the roll eyes? :confused:
    Mis-used, one does apologise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I can see that you have standards.Abandon them,you'll get nowhere with standards.

I thank you for your concern sir, much appreciated. They've guided me well so far. I'm doing ok.

neil_hosey wrote: »
    i remember shooting an air rifle away in poland. From about 50 yards, it went through an empty can of beer no problem. Ive no doubt that would hurt like ****!

Big diference in velocity between an air rifle and an air pistol,the postie was shot with a pistol..for which you need a firearms certificatete although its far less dangerous than a rifle..
    The kid when caught can,and should go to prison..i'm sure the cops know well who he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Big diference in velocity between an air rifle and an air pistol,the postie was shot with a pistol..
    Ah just one more thing sir, the police report says nothing about the postman being shot with a pistol. The newspaper reports an "air or pellet gun", now how could you know that he was shot with pistol, how could you know sir, unless you where there?

http://www.tvder60er.de/bilder/columbo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If it did infact penetrate his raingear and uniform then it was a high powered air rifle/pistol.

They cant tell if it was one or the other till he is actually caught, so they dont know if it was a pistol or rifle, until the individual and the item is retrieved.

My dad himself is a postman and I'm an airsofter. Their rain gear is a very thick heavy wax jacket, so it would take something phenomenal to penetrate.

If you own an "air rifle" you DO need a license for it, unless it shoots under one joule, in which case its airsoft, or if it shoots anything metal, its ****e.

If you have anything that shoots metal anything, at any distance or pace, you need a license, thats a ****ing fact...

I believe this is going to be discussed on Joe Duffy show in a bit, and I'll be tearing my hair out no doubt as they mix it up with airsoft as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

iv been tagged with AIRSOFT rifles and AIRSOFT pistols at ranges as close as a foot ,one of which was in the face at a meter away.only lumps and a bit of redness no skin penetration in anyway.this leads me to say with an educated assumption that it was an air gun firing metal slugs.these do indeed need a fire arms license.if/when this person is caught i do hope the the media clarify that it was not airsoft but unfurtunatly i cant see that happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

amaughan wrote: »
    if/when this person is caught i do hope the the media clarify that it was not airsoft but unfurtunatly i cant see that happening.
    In fairness to them at no point do they claim it's an airsoft device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 blingBabe

I have been shot with air pistols before while working in wexford. They do penetrate the skin or at least did in my case. It was at a range of about three meters and went through a hi-viz, a jumper and a tee shirt. It hurt!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

Ban airsoft.

ScumLord wrote: »
    In fairness to them at no point do they claim it's an airsoft device.

agreed but we always get branded with the same stick.(pelletgun)= illegal
    (airsoft gun)= legal

Sir Molle wrote: »
    Ban airsoft.
    and why would you suggest a ban on airsoft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

A classic case of "shooting the messenger" if you ask me.

I reckon someone doesn't like getting household bills delivered to them.

This comment took almost two pages?
    AH has gone to sh|te!

Ban airsoft.

Whooooaaaaa...... now hold on a minute!

*awaits invasion from airsoft forum*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Ban airsoft.

Nothing to do with airsoft

ScumLord wrote: »
    Ah just one more thing sir, the police report says nothing about the postman being shot with a pistol. The newspaper reports an "air or pellet gun", now how could you know that he was shot with pistol, how could you know sir, unless you where there?

http://www.tvder60er.de/bilder/columbo.jpg

Actually mea culpa..i assumed for some reason it was a pistol but i'm probably wrong.
    A pistol wont penetrate clothes unless you're standing a couple of feet away in which case the postie wouldve seen the kid,you could probably break the skin with a rifle fro 30 or so feet.
    Anyway,kids running around thinking they can do this shiit is unnaceptable and i hope the little bollox is caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

amaughan wrote: »
    and why would you suggest a ban on airsoft.

People quite obviously can't be trusted with them and they're pretty scary looking. Why make it easier from criminals to get their hands on perfect look a likes?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement