Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid training in Ireland

• 14-07-2009 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Don't know if this has been posted already but I was wondering is it possible to see Real training. Was wondering if there is an "open day" or anything like that where the public will be allowed to watch?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Apparently they're staying in Carlton in Kildare and it's been closed off. Fella on Newstalk yesterday saying there will be no way to see training and no public appearances that they will be " training, eating, sleeping ".

I;m sure Ronaldo's going mad he can't go out on the pull in Athy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Went to see Leeds train last night in DCU :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Was I imagining it or was that Noel Dempsey greeting the players (and getting virtually snubbed by CR7/8/9/10) off the plane?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Apparently they're staying in Carlton in Kildare and it's been closed off. Fella on Newstalk yesterday saying there will be no way to see training and no public appearances that they will be " training, eating, sleeping ".

I;m sure Ronaldo's going mad he can't go out on the pull in Athy.

Ah that sucks, was hoping to get a look at that - see how Pelligrini runs things. Oh well, no point in hoping a fence cos god forbid you get caught, they'd no doubt screw you big time!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Tom10 wrote: »
    Ah that sucks, was hoping to get a look at that - see how Pelligrini runs things. Oh well, no point in hoping a fence cos god forbid you get caught, they'd no doubt screw you big time!!!
    You'd never get past the watchtowers and landmines anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

stovelid wrote: »
    Was I imagining it or was that Noel Dempsey greeting the players

Why the fúck was he even there.

Clowns of politicians in this country.

Des wrote: »

Well they hope that somebody will go, oh w0w noel demsey shaking hands with the famous Real Madrid players, he must be so cool. God isn't he great...

Absolute muppets!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

can anyone confirm Dempsey was there?

i would have thought Cullen would be the obvious brownnose representative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ah that sucks, was hoping to get a look at that - see how Pelligrini runs things.

Bless.

gimmick wrote: »
    Bless.

What does that mean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I seen a clip of it on skysportsnews. Guillame Balague was present at the session itself reporting on the players etc. Needless to say it was raining :). The pitch was in pristine condition, complete with a galvanise parameter roughly twelve foot high, like what youd see at outdoor concerts.

Does anyone know what pitch they are training at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Agreed. ****ing assclowns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

who gives a flying fluck tbh

They obviously don't want smelly Irish scum watching their precious love child and give him swine flu :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

What does that mean?

Pellegrini is probably the man with the least input into the running of Real Madrid, certainly a poor third behind behind Perez and Raul anyway.:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    Pellegrini is probably the man with the least input into the running of Real Madrid, certainly a poor third behind behind Perez and Raul anyway.:pac:

I wouldn't agree with that now fully, I mean there's no doubt that Perez controls the direction of the club, transfers and all that. And that Raul has his say about tactics and selections, but I would consider that Pellegrini controls the training. I mean why at all have a head coach (and thats what Pelligrini is) if its not to run the training!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Pellegrini is probably the man with the least input into the running of Real Madrid, certainly a poor third behind behind Perez and Raul anyway.

^ Exactly. The words "fall guy" come to mind.

gimmick wrote: »
    ^ Exactly. The words "fall guy" come to mind.

Maybe but even Del Bosque was in charge of the training! Though again senior players had their say.

I wouldn't agree with that now fully, I mean there's no doubt that Perez controls the direction of the club, transfers and all that. And that Raul has his say about tactics and selections, but I would consider that Pellegrini controls the training. I mean why at all have a head coach (and thats what Pelligrini is) if its not to run the training!!!

Everybody needs a scapegoat.:pac:

Edit: beaten by gimmick.

Maybe but even Del Bosque was in charge of the training! Though again senior players had their say.

And look what happened him, even though he won the CL and La Liga......

Scapegoat.

flahavaj wrote: »
    And look what happened him, even though he won the Cl and La Liga......

Haha ok but lads ye have gone soooo far off topic about what I was saying, I wanted to see how Pellegrini ran the training, I was not going on about how he runs the club or who says what and when, just about the training :pac::pac:

Two of ye give cynical a bad name :)

• Advertisement

You reckon if a few of us chained ourselves to the gates and went on hunger strike, they'd let us at least be ball boys or towel-holders for the squad?

You reckon if a few of us chained ourselves to the gates and went on hunfer strike, they'd let us at least be ball boys or towel-holders for the squad?

Like the idea of being a ball boy, means you might get the chance to kick the ball at Ronaldo, sorry kickback the ball to Ronaldo :D

If I collected a stray ball for CR9 tm, I would drive it into his bollicks and see him grimmace.

pleasure sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Eamon Mc Loughlin from platinum one greeted them, dunno about any politicans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Went to see Leeds train last night in DCU :D

That would explain why Shev was in Athlone so.

dreamers75 wrote: »

Stovelid in possible minister-recognition fail. :o

Will verify if I see the clip again.

Stovelid in possible minister-recognition fail. :o

Will verify if I see the clip again.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3181/2868526944_093367e888.jpg?v=0

him on the left ^^ he was on tv anyway

sure he did

did he look like this ?

($) ($)
    ^
    ~~~

legs11 wrote: »
    sure he did

did he look like this ?

($) ($)
    ^
    ~~~

i laughed :D

• Advertisement

He does look a little like ND.

Doesn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I say we send in the boardies team and show 'em how to play our way:D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

If you go outside and look up at the sky you can see Ronaldo's smug cloud in the distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Someone mentioned tomoro is going to be an open day???
    Can anyone confirm this?

only1stevo wrote: »
    Someone mentioned tomoro is going to be an open day???
    Can anyone confirm this?

Please say this is true :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

teenies.jpg

• Advertisement

SectionF wrote: »
    teenies.jpg

Er, I fail to see what a picture of an Ronseal-skinned, shallow, celebrity-crazed, materially-obsessed prima-donna has to do with the conversation at hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Er, I fail to see what a picture of an Ronseal-skinned, shallow, celebrity-crazed, materially-obsessed prima-donna has to do with the conversation at hand?

Completely off topic.
    :D:D:D

What I take from it is that he/she thinks that we are star crazy and want to go to the training so we can stand at the sidelines and then scream wildly as the "amazing star players" come by. I think he's saying we are star crazy or something!!!

Complete crap i'm thinking really

Will you tell your grandchildren of the day you 'met' Ronaldo? :D

What I take from it is that he/she thinks that we are star crazy and want to go to the training so we can stand at the sidelines and then scream wildly as the "amazing star players" come by. I think he's saying we are star crazy or something!!!

Complete crap i'm thinking really

Exactly. Why on earth would he think that a bunch of grown men hanging around in the rain outside a training ground in the middle of nowhere hoping to see a footballer doing squats as star-struck?

Madness.

• Advertisement

Will you tell your grandchildren of the day you 'met' Ronaldo? :D

No, I can't stand the boy or anything that he represents. Wouldn't go for an autograph but to see how one of the worlds best teams trains in pre-season. Not everybody is in love with celebrity ya know

... to see how one of the worlds best teams trains
    in person!

Kinda 'the stars come out to train' as opposed to out to play. What a great new line for Hello!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I went to see Madrid train in Chicago back in 05 and it was fantastic. Zidane, Ronaldo, Raul, Carlos, Beckham, Figo, Casillas, Owen, Ramos, Gravesen, Guti, Salgado......fantastic to see them all on the pitch together, even if it was only training. Worth the $30 they charged.

If the opportunity arises to see them in Kildare then take it.

in person!

Kinda 'the stars come out to train' as opposed to out to play. What a great new line for Hello!

This is a soccer forum lads, clearly there are people here that are actually interested in soccer and not just in celebrity. So really if you would only go to the training to get an autograph or can only imagine thats why somebody would go, says more about your own value of the game than anything else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I can't wait for the Real Madrid coach to be held up by a tractor on the way to the match.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I went to see Madrid train in Chicago back in 05 and it was fantastic. Zidane, Ronaldo, Raul, Carlos, Beckham, Figo, Casillas, Owen, Ramos, Gravesen, Guti, Salgado......fantastic to see them all on the pitch together, even if it was only training. Worth the $30 they charged.

If the opportunity arises to see them in Kildare then take it.

See? Sleb central, or, as Tom put it, star crazy, Go for it and squeal your little heads off when they come out! :D:D

PS: some Barca fan!

See? Sleb central, or, as Tom put it, star crazy, Go for it and squeal your little heads off when they come out! :D:D

So wait if he had mentioned the lesser known players of the time it would be ok, but because he could only remember the big names it about celebrity. Your point doesn't hold up for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Football snobbery of the highest order.

I also spent some of my time back in Ireland in February freezing my bollox off watching Shels play Phoenix FC in a meaningless friendly match on an astro pitch.

I'm a football fan first and foremost, and any opportunity to see the best players in the world doing what they're renowned for is worth taking.

Football snobbery of the highest order.

I also spent some of my time back in Ireland in February freezing my bollox off watching Shels play Phoenix FC in a meaningless friendly match on an astro pitch.

I'm a football fan first and foremost, and any opportunity to see the best players in the world doing what they're renowned for is worth taking.

Damn bleeding right!!!!

Me too.

I watch football matches.

Not bothered too much about watching training sessions, in fairness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement