Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 trade in

• 14-07-2009 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

My xbox 360 core rrod'd last week and i decided to send it back to ms to get it fixed and then trade it in and buy a pro console instead (because of hard drive, jasper mboard and because "fixed" consoles are prone to rrod again) i was wondering if anybody else has traded in a 360 and what i should expect to get for mine, also what is the latest price for a pro console? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

AFAIK Jaspers aren't free from RROD either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭madheaded

I remember hearing from someone they have the highest survival rates of all the mboards and thats what ms are replacing rrod consoles with maybe im wrong but i was just going on what i heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

To be honest as long as you get a jasper or previous model (falcon) you should be ok. There isn't much difference in power consumption between them (gpu die shrunk from 80nm to 65nm was the main change). It's the early models (Xenon) which have a higher possibility of failure and they won't be selling in any of the main stores.

This link outlines the differences :
    http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3472

If buying new and you want to guarantee you get a Jasper either

1. buy an Arcade model from Smyths or Gamestop, and add the hard drive later yourself.
    2. Go for one of the Resident Evil 5 red special edition Elites, which is also a Jasper.
    3. Alternatively buy a Pro and ask the person in the shop if they wouldn't mind opening the box. You can tell from the writing on the power supply brick if it's a Jasper. It's 150w / 12v rated 12.1A. I know Smyths and Gamestop don't mind doing this as long as your buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭madheaded

Thanks for the link flaccus since i would almost definetely be buying in gamestop i'm sure i'll be grand in trying to get a jasper my old core sytem was made in 2007 so im guessing its an old one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

madheaded wrote: »
    Thanks for the link flaccus since i would almost definetely be buying in gamestop i'm sure i'll be grand in trying to get a jasper my old core sytem was made in 2007 so im guessing its an old one

If you go to Game - you'll get 70 for the xbox and 12 for a wireless pad, 27 for 20gb HDD.

I did the same a couple of weeks back. Arcade Jasper is great !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Macker14717

i got €130 when i traded my elite in about a month ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

i got €130 when i traded my elite in about a month ago
    Was it broken?

Advertisement