Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water damage

• 14-07-2009 11:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭

Hey, just a quick q looking for general opinion;

I damaged a n85 the other day and think its worth claimining on insurance (home contents) but I am worried as the phone isnt available in ireland.. What will be the likely outcome of the claim? A cheque or a replacement with some other model? Dont really want any other phone in the range (except maybe a n86, which I would pay a little to upgrade to).

(yes I know its a vaugue question with varying factors, but what experience of this do people have?)
    cheers,
    km
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I would reckon they'll give you the cash but i believe it's at their discretion. House insurance would be different to phone specific insurance.

In my (limited) experience they'll ask you to prove what it's worth new and they'll give you the cash to source it.

Ask them how they deal with phone claims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Random wrote: »
    I would reckon they'll give you the cash but i believe it's at their discretion. House insurance would be different to phone specific insurance.

In my (limited) experience they'll ask you to prove what it's worth new and they'll give you the cash to source it.

Ask them how they deal with phone claims.

yep will be giving a call later, hopefully it will involve me getting a couple of quotes from non standard phone dealers and submitting them;
    cheers

Advertisement