Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer not giving me P60

Options
  • 14-07-2009 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi everyone,
    I'm asking this on behalf of my mother,
    As I am planning on going to college and I need my mothers P60 for the education grant.
    Now my mother has asked and asked her boss for it(since last year!!) but hasn't gotten it,
    Is there any way to get the P60 from the tax office directly?
    Thanking you in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Well if the P60 was for 2008, her employer should have had it ready around February this year (P35 filing date). There's no reason her employer shouldn't have given it to her.

If she rings revenue with her PPS number, they will be able to give the P60 income (Provided her employer has filed the P35), but they won't be able to issue a P60, that's the employers responsibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I thought the P60 came in the post from Revenue..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

nipplenuts wrote: »
    I thought the P60 came in the post from Revenue..........

No, revenue will send you a certificate of your tax credits for the year. But the P60 is given to you by your employer.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Yep. For sure the employer must give the employee a p60 fro 2008 by Feb 15th 2009 provided of course that the employee was in their employ at 31st Dec 2008.

Phone revenue to see what they say you should do.

(Put your mam's number in this form to get the appropriate number.)
    https://www.revenue.ie/wiclo/details.jsp

Just as a query. It will also let you know whether a p35 has been filed. There may be bigger problems down the tracks if this has not been done.

Meanwhile, put your request in writing to your Mum's employer and keep a copy. Ask for the P60 within, for eg, 10 days. If you still don't get any satisfaction you will need to actually complain to Revenue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Bébhinn91

Thank you everyone for your assistance.
    I have passed on all your advice to her,
    Thanks again!!!:D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement