Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who should replace O'Briens?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

Subway! Mmmm mmmm. They do the nicest biggest best portion salads ever, and their veggie delite is only about 300kcal. They are better value than any of the other big chains.

The meatball one that everyone gets is a heart attack in a roll apparently, but that's personal choice. I'm vegetarian so I really like their stuff. Olives and pickles in your sandwich! As many salad fillings as you like for no extra charge!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I love sushi, but it would be too dear. Especially for me, the man who once ate thirty plates of sushi at Aya. That does remind me of the time I crashed a Sushi and martial arts night in TCD...I wish we had events like that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Well, it's official: O'Briens is Toast. What now?

I still think it would be nice to have something with a slightly exotic flavour in its place. My first idea of Sushi was a bit ambitious, but what about a place that sells basic Chinese fast food? €4 could get you a box of lemon chicken and noodles. :pac:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

Veggie delite in subway is 200kcal. They also do the best salads ever- huge with a nice dressing and a variety of ingredients. They are also good value.

If you want a fattening, unhelthy sandwich from Subway, you can get one, just like you can get bacon, cheese, butter, mayo or pesto on your O Briens sandwich if you wish.

It's not that one place is healthier than the other. Subway are just cheaper so people might get the bigger sandwich and hence eat more calories. Subway include more salad ingredients than any other.

Having said all that, I don't like subway because I'm sick of the sauces and can't stand the smell anymore.

What food would be healthy anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Dave! wrote: »
    McDonalds!

I hope that was tongue in cheek, but if not :rolleyes:

SUBWAY (though Im sure they too will be caught in the dominoes)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Who cares about healthy,I say stick a McDonalds or Subway in there

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

glad theyre going, their toasties are rotten and their hot choccie tastes just like a cup of warm milk, had taken a liking to green tea in there though but at 1.80 for a small cup of warm water and a tea bag its a bit steep

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Actually, now that I read a bit more about it, Liquidation doesn't automatically mean O'Brien's is going to be wound down. The Liquidators are going to try to "sell it as a going concern". Any potential buyers here? :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

defontaines or a pizzeria that sells by the slice....mmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

and what about the one in Richview too :confused:
    we will be majorly pissed if its not replaced with something as 'good'

just sayin..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 millar222

It's the parent company that's screwed because of their business model (buying premises and leasing to franchisees), individual profitable outlets should continue.

Advertisement