Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't connect to xbox live with with friends living nearby

• 14-07-2009 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

A buddy of mine is living fairly close to my place but for some reason we can never seem to get an xbox live game together working. We've tried for Guitar Hero and Rock Band and everytime we get error messages saying either that it couldn't connect or "possible network problems" etc.

Has anyone else had this happen? I'm able to play fine with friends in the States but not ones down the road!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Do the Xbox Network test on the system and see what report you get.
    Sounds like NAT problems (could be on your friends side too).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Thanks, I'll check that when I get home.

What's NAT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Well NAT stands for Network Address Translation.
    Simplifying, it's a security system that routers use.
    If I were to guess, either you or your friends (or both) will have to log into your router settings and
    1)Enable UPnP (Universal Plug and Play)
    and if that doesn't work
    2)Open ports 88 & 3074

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Considering that I've been able to play on xbox live with other people both before and after not being able to play with my buddy is it more likely that my router is alright and the problem is with his?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭InvisibleBadger

It might depend on your connection, myself and a friend are on the same wireless broadband network and had the same problem, it was because our connections were going to the same place, don't know the technicalities of it, but contact your isp, they can help i think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement