Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions on 2 photographers please

• 14-07-2009 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Looking to book a photographer for a wedding in Italy next year, and have come across 2 options which seem to really suit our style. But I'd like to have an opinion from some of ye folk on their pictures, if that's ok. I know that many are going to say "It's a personal preference", but am looking for something more of a technical view than a subjective one if that's possible

Polish
    Italian

Alternatively, if there are any other recommendations that can be provided then feel free.
    Thanks
    Kenmc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Read the 'sticky' above, services offerd/wanted ! it might be helpful ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Well, if you feel you'd be happy with both their work, then choose on who you feel you'd get on with best. It's a long day, and you'll have your fair share of interaction with each, so if they're friendly, helpful and wanting to provide you with their best, then that's who you choose :)

Personal opinion, I'd go with Bartosz... I didn't even look through as much of the other chaps work after a browse of his, but then again, that's personal style. Oh, and I hate music on sites :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 megna

Go with Bartosz!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I too prefer Bartosz. The photographs have a great sense of humour & I like the mono work.

The other site I find that the mono's lack a lot of punch & there seems to be a lack of engagement with the subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭SaturnV

I was actually at a wedding last year done by the Polish guy! Haven't seen all the final photos, nor do I know what he was like to deal like from a business point of view, so I can't comment on any of that, but I chatted to the guy and he seemed nice, and I noticed he had a very unobtrusive style, not interfering with what was going on around him. Again, I don't know if that was a specific request by the couple or generally how he operates. Just my observations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

My vote for Bartozs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I like the stuff on Bartozs' page too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭jao

I Agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

thanks all, it looks fairly unanimous then!

I hope he lives up to all of our expectations :pac:

Hope you've a great day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

It seems to me that the photographers you posted have very different styles?

Technically, as you msut already know they are both very talented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

If I had to choose, I'd go for the Polish guy, but only because I've been waiting 3 or 4 minutes and the Italian guy's website is still loading... :rolleyes:
    That being said, the Polish guy's got a good eye IMHO.

You don't mention where you're getting married, but I presume you're looking at flying one of these guys in.

I got married in Italy last year and we looked at some local photographers, but the language barrier proved too difficult. We ended up going with an English photographer, and I'm sooooo glad we did - I can't imagine how stressful it would have been trying to organise photos with groomsmen, bridesmaids, family etc. when the photog only had pidgen English.

Whoever you choose, make sure you can communicate easily with them. Seriously!
    kenmc wrote: »
    Alternatively, if there are any other recommendations that can be provided then feel free.

If you're open to other suggestions, have a look at this guy's pics. He does corporate shoots and music photography, but does some wedding stuff too.

This is his Flickr wedding set.

His website's here.

All I can say is that he was brilliant for us - he was with us from 10am until after midnight - only leaving the party to download pics to his laptop.
    He was easy and professional to deal with, his pricing was reasonable and his results were EXCELLENT!!

...and no, I'm not on commission. :D

One thing I learned was (and I don't know if others will concur) is that the photographer is probably the most important person you'll hire.
    The day was a blur, and over before we knew it. 10 months later the memories are slightly fading, so I'd imagine in 10 years time, the vision we have of the wedding will match the vision the photographer recorded on the day, if you know what I mean...
    The flowers die, the wedding car gets taken away, the honeymoon suite is but a fleeting memory - the photos will be with us for a long time, and they're fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Both look technically very good just differing styles so I'd push you back to whatever takes your fancy.

-Chris- wrote: »
    ...and no, I'm not on commission. :D

One thing I learned was (and I don't know if others will concur) is that the photographer is probably the most important person you'll hire.
    The day was a blur, and over before we knew it. 10 months later the memories are slightly fading, so I'd imagine in 10 years time, the vision we have of the wedding will match the vision the photographer recorded on the day, if you know what I mean...
    The flowers die, the wedding car gets taken away, the honeymoon suite is but a fleeting memory - the photos will be with us for a long time, and they're fantastic.

Here, can I put you on a commission? I'll tell you where and when I'm meeting clients, you 'bump into' them just before we meet and recite that paragraph?

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Here, can I put you on a commission? I'll tell you where and when I'm meeting clients, you 'bump into' them just before we meet and recite that paragraph?

yup - me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

You shoulda seen me as I typed - I had a single crystaline tear rolling slowly down my cheek... ;):D

I truely believe it though! A great photographer was the single most important investment we made in our wedding day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 nadasky08

Yeah it's easy to overlook how important a photographer is.

Bartosz has it going on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Italian guy....i like his stuff better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Sorry, meant to say the wedding is in Italy (edit - did already say that!), Domenico is obviously local (ish!), Bartosz not so much! Would not normally be paying to fly anyone in or out, but Bartosz rates are reasonable enough that we can afford to do it for not much more than one of the many local ones we've looked at.
    -Chris- wrote: »
    Yeah we're well aware of the importance of the photographer, hence why we've spend so much bloody time looking at the websites! We also don't want a bog standard cheesy wedding album, but something a bit more quirky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Hi there,
    Just want to give an update to this thread - I'm the wife of the OP, and we came here last year looking for opinions on 2 wedding photographers and decided to take a gamble with Bartosz Jastal, an award winning Polish photographer to shoot our wedding in Italy.

Anyway, just wanted to say that we got our shots last week and his stuff left us speechless! The shots were amazing, beautifully processsed (but not over done either) and had a lot of imagination too!

He was a professional in all aspects of his job, and i would highly recommend him if you were looking for a set of pictures which are a little bit different to your standard wedding stuff. Let me know if you have any questions!! :)

http://bartoszjastalblog.com/

29vh161.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Most of the Italian dudes shots aren't level which I found annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

We got married in Tuscany 3 years ago and used http://www.weddingphotos.it/ can't recommend them highly enough they where so nice and great with getting shots when you didn't even realise they where there let alone pointing the camera. They are a bit on the expensive side but we didn't mind too much as we had 2 photographers from me getting ready right up till the first dance.

It was Angelo we had http://www.weddingphotos.it/personalsite/angelo/primapagina.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

One of my favorites if you're looking outside the country:

http://www.paulspecht.com/

Glowing wrote: »

Anyway, just wanted to say that we got our shots last week and his stuff left us speechless! The shots were amazing, beautifully processsed (but not over done either) and had a lot of imagination too!

http://bartoszjastalblog.com/

29vh161.jpg

Great to hear you made the right decision, that's a terrific shot. Congrats. Can we see more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

25g7x2q.jpg

w6uyht.jpg

j8pkrb.jpg

28885m0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Fireman

I would recommend Brendan Landy from Listowel Co Kerry, I know Brendan travels all over the world to cover weddings, Check out his website below

http://www.landyphoto.com/

Advertisement