Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotty's for lunch

Options
  • 14-07-2009 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Off for lunch at 1. Is scottys expensive?Been to Huntsman,Bethlehem,Clayton,Frends. Ant other recommendations out this side?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I wouldn't classify scottys as expensive, especially when lined next to the others you mentioned. Great food, although I go there rarely since they moved out by terryland.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Charlie 08

Just looking at their menu online there. Might give it a go...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Last time I went to Scotty's was nearly a year ago, to the one opposite Dunnes Terryland. Inflated prices for the size of the burger was rediculous, asked for blue cheese on my burger, got blue cheese salad dressing... ordered a milkshake and saw them pour it out of a cardboard container (ie. pre bought stuff) which cost near €4 on its own...will not go back for another couple of years easily. Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

Finish off the "Quad" burger and they'll put your pic up on the wall :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Can be pricey enough alright. I'd go once a month or so as a treat with herself. Steaks are lovely as are the BBQ ribs and the sundae's are great too. But its still a bit on the expensive side to be going there every day or week for lunch.

• Advertisement

Do they still do that Garbage Burger?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

majiktripp wrote: »
    Last time I went to Scotty's was nearly a year ago, to the one opposite Dunnes Terryland. Inflated prices for the size of the burger was rediculous, asked for blue cheese on my burger, got blue cheese salad dressing... ordered a milkshake and saw them pour it out of a cardboard container (ie. pre bought stuff) which cost near €4 on its own...will not go back for another couple of years easily. Let us know how you get on.

This sounds about the same as my last trip there, about 8-9 mths ago. Staff were very nice though, all the same given the choice i'd have no interest in going back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Let us know what you thought of it. I've eaten there from time to time and mostly its ok. The daily specials are usually good value, but its too close to 'fast food' rather than gourmet burger to get me back regularly.

I'm fussy me. My body is a temple etc.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i wouldnt go to the place for lunch or dinner but i do like the occasional fry in the morning there.

they do a very nice fry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

I've always found Scotty's overpriced for what you get. Having said that as others have mentioned the food is generally very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, it's an ok spot. I never had anything to complain about anyway.
    I like the variety of burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Expensive, but still cheaper than Eddie Rockets :(

zarquon wrote: »

Eating in the G works out cheaper than Eddie Rockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭magicface

eddie rob your pockets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

i wouldnt go to the place for lunch or dinner but i do like the occasional fry in the morning there.

they do a very nice fry.

Do they seriously do fries? Never knew that, will have to venture there one morning.

Is it true though that the one in the Glasan student village is closed for the summer due to the college being closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Did the OP choke hisself on his humungous burger and die or wut?

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

Did the OP choke hisself on his humungous burger and die or wut?

'c

A quad burger too far....

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Charlie 08

changed my mind at last minute and headed to Clayton. Not too bad I guess but nothing to fantastic. will get back to ye all when I finally make it to Scottys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Scottys > Clayton imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Eddies :pac: Scotty's :pac: Clayton. (In my opinion anyways... 2 for 1 vouchers in Eddie's , best invention ever.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Eddie Rockets makes Scotty's look like a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Is this the same Scotty that use to be in Middle st about 10 years ago?

I loved that place, great grub,proper American sub sambos, I think they had a beer license too?
    I was in Galway last year, noticed it was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

s_carnage wrote: »
    Is it true though that the one in the Glasan student village is closed for the summer due to the college being closed?

I walked past there 2 weeks ago and im sure I saw a sign for a new restaurant coming in its place. So i don't think its coming back, which would be surprising since they seemed to do great business at that location

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Was talking to Scottys wife in Dun and she said it was being taken over and made into another restaraunt. Also I noticed one of the waitresses from Glasan was over in Dun now so I'd imagine its gone for good. It did seem to do good business

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

spadder wrote: »
    Is this the same Scotty that use to be in Middle st about 10 years ago?

I loved that place, great grub,proper American sub sambos, I think they had a beer license too?
    I was in Galway last year, noticed it was gone.

It's the self same one. The menu has evolved since though, currently has about 50 different kinds of chicken/beef burgers.

It's extremely om nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

i rang last week to see if glasan one was open during summer - girl said scottys is gone for good there

specials during day and evening can be very good value, as are the meal combos - burger, drink and fries - for the amount of food you get

huge selection on the menu - too much in fact, always get overwhelmed trying to decide quick and end up order same thing most times!!

dinners like steak and the fish dishes can be very expensive €20-30!

never had the desserts...always been way way too full to even try a taster!!

Advertisement