Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Issues Ban for highlighting post

Options
  • 14-07-2009 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭

Personal Issues ban.
    I would like to draw attention to the fact that one poster can describe "sending pictures of little girls to pedos" as a harmless prank, and not get an infraction or a ban for it. Then when I draw attention to it, I get a 1 month ban, because it was in a different thread wtf are the priorities here? I knew I would get banned I don't care, but I don't like the fact that despite me reporting the post to begin with, still nothing was done.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...&postcount=139

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

What?

Honestly, I've got no idea what you're talking about, but I'm going to try and guess...

First, the poster in the link you've provided has been banned entirely from boards.ie.

You reported a post by him earlier today - not exactly giving a huge window of time for people to do anything. Mods aren't on call 24/7 you know. So saying "nothing was done" is facetious to say the least.

That would seem to be a larger ban than anything you've been issued, which from what I can see was given because you were dragging a different thread off topic by debating moderation on it. In future, when you have an issue raise it via PM to one of the forum's moderators. Don't post in another thread about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

prinz, you've been banned from PI twice before (1 week and 1 month respectively). Since this is your third ban I could have easily banned you for longer than a month, but I chose to be lenient.

hence, you should know the lay of the land by now.

Don't drag threads off topic. Leave the moderation to the mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

BuffyBot wrote: »
    First, the poster in the link you've provided has been banned entirely from boards.ie.

You reported a post by him earlier today - not exactly giving a huge window of time for people to do anything. Mods aren't on call 24/7 you know. So saying "nothing was done" is facetious to say the least.

That would seem to be a larger ban than anything you've been issued, which from what I can see was given because you were dragging a different thread off topic by debating moderation on it. In future, when you have an issue raise it via PM to one of the forum's moderators. Don't post in another thread about it.

Thank you for replying. As it happened all I saw was the poster in question getting a 1 week ban courtesy of Xiney. Like I said, ban me, no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Xiney wrote: »
    prinz, you've been banned from PI twice before (1 week and 1 month respectively). Since this is your third ban I could have easily banned you for longer than a month, but I chose to be lenient.

hence, you should know the lay of the land by now.

Don't drag threads off topic. Leave the moderation to the mods.

No problem. I appreciate your leniency.

Advertisement