Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soundcloud

• 14-07-2009 12:08pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How many of you are on Soundcloud? Great little site...

I also love the way quite a few big Dj's are on it too..

Mine

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I dunno if its just the browsers I'm using, Opera, but when I go onto Soundcloud the browser really slows down. Does anyone else get that? Even typing this post while having a tab with SoundCloud open and the text is slow to appear on screen.

Cool site though definitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

I LOVE Soundcloud!!!!

It's made getting tunes so much easier - you leave a comment or two, message the chap who made it, hook up on AIM and have a chat, next thing you're getting sent the tunes and you're getting sent the download links the next time they whack a new one up...

Plus you get to follow heads you respect and see who they're following and read the comments they leave on other tunes - it's perfectly done, couldn't wish for more out of a site like that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is it true that they are due to start charging for the service???

That could be a bit of a bummer, but if its a quality service then people wont mind paying for it....

http://soundcloud.com/executivesteve

and the still somewhat rudimentary irish dubstep / dnb group:::

http://soundcloud.com/groups/irish-drum-n-bass-dubstep

Fieldog wrote: »
    Is it true that they are due to start charging for the service???

That could be a bit of a bummer, but if its a quality service then people wont mind paying for it....

There's two types of accounts, pro and free; you need a pro account to upload more than a certain number of tunes i think; there's also a donate button so you can pay towards someone else's account...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I think what they give you for free is very generous. Most people would be able to make do with a free account no problem - if you do use it so much that you warrent a pro account - then no doubt you will still be getting great value from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Yea it's a great, great site.

An easy way to follow what's going on with your favourite artists / labels. It's kind of more aimed at the industry, where MySpace is aimed at the general public.

My one little bug bear about it is that most labels don't get new releases up quick enough to listen to. The track could be released 2 weeks on Beatport before it makes it's way onto Soundcloud.

Advertisement