Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Client sees server, but server can't see client

• 14-07-2009 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I have a PC here that acting strange (winxp). It's part of a simple workgroup with a server. The client PC has two network cards in it, one that connects to a switch that has the server (winserver2003) on it and another that connects to a hub with the internet. It can ping any computer on either one of those separate networks no problem, it even pulls data for an access database from the server.

The problem is I'm trying to hook up a printer across the network but it can't actually see any of the other computers on the network through view workgroup computers. If I try to ping the affected PC with any other computer on the network the request times out.

I've tried setting up the network with a different workgroup name but the problem is the same it can ping other computers but they can't ping it. Despite it being able to ping other computers it can't see them on the network.

It also can't get it's ip address automatically I have to put it in manually.

I've tried turning off the firewall at both ends but it didn't help.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

the obvious answer is client firewall

less obvious is routing on the client side

windows will allow you to setup more than one gateway, but it will only use one
    so use IP ROUTE to list which card is used for the return path

Advertisement