Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Engineering

Options
  • 14-07-2009 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I am going into final year of Computer Science next year and I want to get into Network Engineering but I am unsure how to do so. I know there is some qualifications out there like MCSA and MCSE but I dont think I would be able for them yet. Is there any books I can get or something to get me started?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

For Networking

Start with the Network + from Comptia.. (basic) then move towards the Cisco CCNA series.

if you plan on getting straight into Network Eng when you leave college you should start now.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭le_dazzler

CCNA is definitely the way to go imo ... It'll give you a good grounding in Networking, and some valuable experience working with Cisco kit as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Barrypr

Network+ then CCNA would be best route IMO then decide on which area you would like to work in eg routing,voip security etc thats for eng, microsoft for network administration.

I don't no much about the computer science course you are doing but it might cover the CCNA, a friend of mine did network support which covered cisco material.

Advertisement