Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sailing Season

• 14-07-2009 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭

Does anybody know exactly when sailing season in Dublin Bay will start next year (or how to find out?) I think it's around April but need exact date. Is it set by some central authority or do all the sailing clubs set their own?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Do you mean the race season, the lift in date or the traditional sailing season start date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭Seoid

I think it would be the traditional sailing season start date - is that much different from race season?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Race season

First Tuesday Race: 28th April
    First Thursday Race: 30th April
    First Saturday Race: 25th April

source

April 1st is "official" start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

There is sailing in the bay all year round, frostbites spring and winter, Autumn league, summer nearly every night and at the weekends. You need to check the clubs websites, here is one hyc.ie Are you interested in Dinghy or big boats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭Seoid

dyflin, that's great - thank you.

Personally, I'm a fair weather sailor more interested in cruising/yachting (in the sunshine, abroad) than racing so very rarely go out on Dublin bay. But for personal scheduling reasons next year I wanted to know when race season starts so I could work around it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement