Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Office Language Settings issue

Options
  • 14-07-2009 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Regional settings on PC are all set to Ireland re currency etc. but menu language seems to be English (US) - e.g. In Ms Word, when I hold the cursor over the font colour icon on toolbar it says "Font Color" instead of "Font Colour". Language is set to English (Ireland) in all settings and in programmes themselves.

More annoyingly, currency button in Excel gives a euro sign the first time I use it, then returns to dollar sign.

Have reinstalled Office and it's still an issue. Any suggestions?

When I go to Ms Office - Office Tools - Language Settings, the default is English UK

thanks in advance for any help, am working on a financial document and it's doing my head in!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

are you using office 2007?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

sasser wrote: »
    Regional settings on PC are all set to Ireland re currency etc. but menu language seems to be English (US) - e.g. In Ms Word, when I hold the cursor over the font colour icon on toolbar it says "Font Color" instead of "Font Colour". Language is set to English (Ireland) in all settings and in programmes themselves.

More annoyingly, currency button in Excel gives a euro sign the first time I use it, then returns to dollar sign.

Have reinstalled Office and it's still an issue. Any suggestions?

When I go to Ms Office - Office Tools - Language Settings, the default is English UK

thanks in advance for any help, am working on a financial document and it's doing my head in!

I'm not sure if this will help you, but I had a similar problem with Word 2007 and persistent English (US) showing up in every document (I rarely use Excel). I found the answer on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, where there's a language button that applies to each document. You can change it to English (Ireland) there and the problem should be solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭sasser

It's office 2003. It seems to be working on new documents now, but still having problem on old document. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

If Office 2003 has the same button on the taskbar as 2007, you can set the default for all new documents from there, but you will probably have to reset it for every old document. Whatever it is about Office, no matter what version, it seems to really want to revert to US at the first opportunity :D

Advertisement