Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE CHEAPEST INSURANCE COMPANY FOR CONTENTS INSURANCE

Options
  • 14-07-2009 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

HI
    JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS OFF-HAND OF AN INSURANCE COMPANY THAT ARE GOOD VALUE WHEN PURCHASING CONTENT INSURANCE. I WOULD NEED A COVER OF ABOUT €60000.
    THANKS
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Less caps please - IT'S CONSIDERED SHOUTING AND VERY HARD TO READ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Ring around a few brokers. I found that ringing a few of them to work out cheaper than ringing directly to the actual insurance company. No harm picking out 3 or 4 from the phone book and see what they can do and then try another couple of insurance companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Lambsbread

you can also try some broker sites like 123.ie to get an idea of how much you will be paying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's not just a matter of how much you want to insure, it depends on the area you live in, whether there is someone occupying the house during the day and night. What kind of security measures are on the property. Ring brokers or check online, that will give you an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

BOI offering 25% discount on home/contents insurance at the mo. not to sure how long for tho.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You might as well get a quote from the BOI one for the hell of it. I'm not sure how long they're running the offer for, but the quote is valid for 6 months so you'll have loads of time to shop around and see which quotes are best, and you won't have to hurry to get the discount.

Advertisement