Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing an old tat...

Options
  • 14-07-2009 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

hi! i have one of those awful chinese symbols at the base of my back (what was i thinking??!!) its 'CHI' (i hope!!) and i want to change into something non tramp stampish. any ideas????

was thinking of getting it turned into some kind of circle, globe etc but cant think of a design as im not very creative (obviously!)

any thoughts appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

you are talking about a cover up. the general rule with cover ups it that the new tattoo has to be bigger and darker then the original. do you have any pictures of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd suggest going to talk to a tattoo artist whose work you like the look of, and get them to suggest something. No point in us making suggestions that may/may not work to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

miami2007 wrote: »
    hi! i have one of those awful chinese symbols at the base of my back (what was i thinking??!!) its 'CHI' (i hope!!) and i want to change into something non tramp stampish. any ideas????

was thinking of getting it turned into some kind of circle, globe etc but cant think of a design as im not very creative (obviously!)

any thoughts appreciated!!

Were you thinking of getting the Chi turned into a globe as part of a larger tattoo (like a dragon holding the globe/sphere?) or just a globe on its own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ohiggins

I have to say it again, <name> @ <shop name> he's good with cover ups, while i was waitin to get my foot done I saw him tattooing over some guys leg, he had "****" written on his leg LOL, but got a rounded tribal over it and it was impossible to see such magnificent stand again...
    check my tattooist website [snip] [/snip]
    all the best
    OJ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

ffs

banned for a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just beat me to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

ohiggins wrote: »
    I have to say it again, <name> @ <shop name> he's good with cover ups, while i was waitin to get my foot done I saw him tattooing over some guys leg, he had "****" written on his leg LOL, but got a rounded tribal over it and it was impossible to see such magnificent stand again...
    check my tattooist website [snip] [/snip]
    all the best
    OJ.

I know desperate bouts shilling on a forum is what gets me in a studios door. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

I'm getting a coverup done at the moment, I went in to speak to the artist initially because I'd a few ideas floating round in my head - one of which as it turned out wouldn't work at all. Got some really good advice on what would work and work well and am happy with what I'm getting now - but definitely go in to speak to the artist - I got lots of great suggestions about what would work best - otherwise you could set your heart on something that ends up not right for the kind of cover up you need :)

Advertisement