Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

128kbs Mp3's for free

• 14-07-2009 1:19pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Nice idea here from Irish DJ Donnacha Costello & his Looklong label.

http://minimise.com/

He gives away the 128kbs mp3's of his music free for personal use - but then asks you to purchase 320kbs versions from beatport. Obviously using 128kbs in a club is totally impractical - but this is a nice way of spreading your music about and also increasing sales.

Lets hope we see more of this becoming the norm.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Also I see he gave a guy on twitter a bollocking for posting links to pirate versions of his stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I love his rants when you see his music is being pirated, and rightly ****ing so, he's a great artist and a great dj....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I dunno if its a great idea. Surely if you want people to listen to your music, you want it to be in the best possible quality? Although I guess not everyone is going to have the best playback system anyway so maybe its a moot point.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

IMO if a tune is good, it will sound good no matter what the quality (youtube is far less than 128kbs for example) - however if you want to get the best out of it and hear it as the artist intended, or DJ with it, you need 320kbs or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭nayorleck114

128kbs is really nothing, Waste of time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement