Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Describe your niteclubs you used to go to

Options
  • 14-07-2009 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Ziggy's, bakers corner - collection of headcases, split into tribal packs of Sallynoggin, Ballybrack, Dun Laoghaire, Shankill and Monkstown, fights every week, always guaranteed a " mooch " at the very least, run down but awesome.

Hollywood Nights, Stillorgan - top class rich totty, looking for a bit of rough ( ie daddy earned >100k in the early nineties ), rugger buggers, posh guys fighting, good vibe, brilliant.

Paparazzi, Dun Laoghaire - 1 punt a drink on Sundays, probably cost businesses millions a year in absenteeism, very rough, loads of slags, packed on children's allowance day.

Over to you :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

when I went clubbing and when I do, the music tends to dictate my experience, not some woman :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Nightclubs are a waste of money.

Get a good rave going in a car park ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ziggy's, bakers corner - collection of headcases, split into tribal packs of Sallynoggin, Ballybrack, Dun Laoghaire, Shankill and Monkstown, fights every week, always guaranteed a " mooch " at the very least, run down but awesome.

Hollywood Nights, Stillorgan - top class rich totty, looking for a bit of rough ( ie daddy earned >100k in the early nineties ), rugger buggers, posh guys fighting, good vibe, brilliant.

Paparazzi, Dun Laoghaire - 1 punt a drink on Sundays, probably cost businesses millions a year in absenteeism, very rough, loads of slags, packed on children's allowance day.

Over to you :confused:

If you really want a good fight go to Redz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Napoli

That_Guy wrote: »

The kip is closed. Luckily, 21's is across the road to fulfill your knacker fighting urges.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Howl at the moon is the only decent one these days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

That_Guy wrote: »

You were clearly never in Ziggys or Paps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Danger Doyles in Temple Bar: General Den of Iniquity from the parts I can remember.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Anyone remember Peg Woffingtons? Ugh...
    The Mission! Scored there loads of times.
    Charlie's in Howth. Oh the memories of getting a wear off birds from Kilbarrick, or Howth or Sutton if you were lucky, and eating curry chips afterwards from the lobby.
    Then when the Palace opened on Camden st, full of all kinds of slappers, good times in there too.
    Used to love The Kitchen too in around '97, '98, great little club, i don't know why it closed, would always have a good night and scored all the time there too.
    And RiRa is still an institution.

Used to love these places, now i'm the most cynical asshole in a club if i had to go to one, which is probably why i don't pick up chicks in those places anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Charlie's in Howth. Oh the memories of getting a wear off birds from Kilbarrick, or Howth or Sutton if you were lucky, and eating curry chips afterwards from the lobby.

That brings back memories....you would see more of your schoolmates out there at the weekend than you would do in school during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

tomangos , where the gang goes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

primitive, roughly 5 or 6 men to every girl, Irish I guess.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

The Colloseum in Ross. 'Nuff said.

Also, anyone remember the Roxy in Waterford? Fukkin great alt/metal/gig club. & the Junction, ah the Junction. Those were the days <sigh>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

midas in ballyhaunis county mayo, was a kip then still a kip today

during my college days i frequented blinkers in athlone, what a total s**hole, fights breaking out every second inside and outside, the p*ss from the toilets almost flowing out on the dancefloor, dirty glasses, but still what a great place, you would score in the queue usually :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Fibber's (I think?) in Dublin City center in the mid-90ies (don't ask me where, somewhere on the Northside, I don't think I went there sober once...). Aaaah, the memories. When I used to fancy blokes with long hair and wore bare-midriff tie-dye shirts.

Wanted to go into Howl at the Mmoon once, was told it was for over 26s (again, back in the 90ies), always annoyed me cause I thought it must be a very cool place.. Two years ago, my company held their Christmas do there - says it all, really...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Relevant wrote: »
    You were clearly never in Ziggys or Paps

Ziggy's?, Paps????

Snap, crackle and pop????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

I used to work in Pa's in Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I remember when I was about 14 we used to go to McGraths on O'Connell St in Dublin (I think it's Frasers/Boom Boom Room now) It was well dirty. Full of underage girls all dressed like hookers (with the exception of me :p) and creepily sleazy mid-20s guys with a thing for 15 year old girls. Nasty!

cosmic wrote: »
    I remember when I was about 14 we used to go to McGraths on O'Connell St in Dublin (I think it's Frasers/Boom Boom Room now) It was well dirty. Full of underage girls all dressed like hookers (with the exception of me :p) and creepily sleazy mid-20s guys with a thing for 15 year old girls. Nasty!

So it's still there now? Niiiice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Smart Bug wrote: »
    So it's still there now? Niiiice

Yep!

I think it's changed a fair bit since then though! Well, I'd hope so! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Lamberts in Camolin, first proper dance club down here, then the Regal Lodge(both in Wex). The original Nexus in Carlow with the enticing aroma of piss,vomit and sweat, packed to the rafters on a tuesday night.

• Advertisement

super-rush wrote: »
    Lamberts in Camolin, first proper dance club down here, then the Regal Lodge(both in Wex). The original Nexus in Carlow with the enticing aroma of piss,vomit and sweat, packed to the rafters on a tuesday night.

What is Lamberts like? A morbidly curious part of me always wanted to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

It was nothing fancy just a big room with a massive soundsystem and crappy lights. The bar was tiny and understocked. The best thing was the music and the people. I haven't been inside it in 10 yrs or so but i hear its open again.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

cosmic wrote: »

Sounds like my kinda place :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

god yeah how could i forget McGraths, little slappers everywhere, i used to get in there when i was 16 somehow, then have to run around to abbey st for the last bus. Back when 3 or 4 pints would get me leathered. Those were the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

rossie1977 wrote: »
    midas in ballyhaunis county mayo, was a kip then still a kip today
    Twas the home of underage drinking in my day. I got cased out of there with a sweeping brush by a disgruntled barman because I had my head in under the Guinness tap while they where trying to clear the place out after closing time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

used to love hollys :cool:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

for some reason i can never seem to remember what the nightclubs look like :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

A good strategic firebombing of that place on any given Saturday night in the late 80s/early 90s would have exterminated a great deal of our political/financial betters before they grew up and cost the rest of us a fortune in NAMA/tribunal taxes.

I'm going to the lab to start work on a pyromaniac Terminator this instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Julians of Midfield. I remember a fella pulling up outside that place in Massey Fergusons with a silage trailor full of lads in leather jackets and check shirts. Cute hoor, he had the W license so he could drive up when he hit 16. And if you drove there sure there was no need for ID. I stopped going there when i was 19- too old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

AH this thread brings back memories.

When I was 16/17 me and my mates used to go to The Apartment (under 18's club on Fleet St in Dublin). It was a great spot. There was 2 dance floors and also a cinema and games room. Great spot.

After that we graduated to 'Blooms, The Harp, Rumours, Hollywood Nights, Mont Clare, Club Nassau, Danger Doyles. Then with the whole dance scene we started to go to the likes of The System and Grouchos

Advertisement