Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Describe your niteclubs you used to go to

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Nite Clubs when Neddy was a pup.

Talking about it all week in school,wondering will we get asked for ID,not shaving for 2 weeks before hand so as to look older despite the fact the "beard" we could grow was akin to the hair on a new born babies head,sitting with the mates on Saturday budgeting how to spend the £25 we had for the night(this included beer money,10 cigarettes,admission,bag of chips and taxi) deciding whether to splash out and buy a naggin of Smirnoff or just fleece the folks drink cabinet,arguing over who will go to the off licence to buy the drink,sitting around the national school to drink our grog,hopping on a bus to get to our destination(nobody uses busses anymore to get to clubs)walking nervously up to the door trying to avoid eye contact with the bouncers,arguing with said bouncers when they ID you(cue emptying wallet and all pockets and standing there in disbelief because I left my ID in my other jacket)eventually whining so much they let me in,meeting friends that got there early(cue mass wailing,hugging,youre great etc)heading to the bar bold as brass and ordering a pint of heineken and a tequila,waiting until there are a few women around before drinking the tequila(women think lads drinking shots are sex on legs dont ya know)on to the dance floor with the school gang,jump around like an eegit for a while,try bumping into random females to get their attention with no luck what so ever,slow set comes on,abandon dance floor and stand on the perimeter of it hoping vainly to catch the attention of a drunken school friend that you ignore in school but you know has a crush on you,get her attention,onto the floor,snog the face off eachother,slow set ends,leave her standing,head to the bar while trying to disguise the stiffy,more tequila,crap talk with friends,check wallet,realise that you are nearly out of money,find the school friend that doesnt drink and always has loads of money,get them to buy a brandy,wander around,national anthem hits,find the bird you snogged earlier,off out side to look for an alley way,chance your arm only to be told that shes not that type of girl,abandon ship again,off to the chipper,abuse staff,customers etc,get a Hawain burger and get bus,off bus and the realisation hits that you have no money left for taxi home,hmmmm,ask anyone you meet for a call card to ring the folks,hang around for 45 minutes waiting for them to collect,into the car,thinking you are sober as a judge and they dont have a clue when in actual fact you are hanging between the front seats telling them about some random person who was totally ****faced and saying Id never do that,sit back and sweats start,head reeling,dodgy burger spinning round the stomach,pull over - im going to be sick!!!!,open the car door but only manage to half miss it,utter someone must have spiked my drink!!!!back home at the kitchen table,Mam running around worried trying to get me to drink a coffee,Dad berating me from a height about drinking,off to bed and thats that,8.30 am Mam into bed room with a bucket and carpet cleaner - get out and scrub that fcuking car,sitting in back seat,sick as a dog trying to scrap bits of puke out of the electric window button and utter those oft spoken words,

Im never drinking again

I miss those days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Paragraphs man ! Paragraphs !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Sweaty, hot, sticky....I sometimes like this but when you have random fugly blokes grabbing your arse Its not nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Dont go out to clubs much... but Karma in athlone would be my favorite.

Since i got engaged i dont really go to clubs much.

Saving for weddings is bollix

My nightclubs are like my women...

sticky, smelly about 14 years old and illegal to enter :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Whats with all the East Mayo clubs being mentioned?
    rossie1977 wrote: »
    midas in ballyhaunis county mayo, was a kip then still a kip today

during my college days i frequented blinkers in athlone, what a total s**hole, fights breaking out every second inside and outside, the p*ss from the toilets almost flowing out on the dancefloor, dirty glasses, but still what a great place, you would score in the queue usually :D

Did Midas become Monsoon?
    Daroxtar wrote: »
    Julians of Midfield. I remember a fella pulling up outside that place in Massey Fergusons with a silage trailor full of lads in leather jackets and check shirts. Cute hoor, he had the W license so he could drive up when he hit 16. And if you drove there sure there was no need for ID. I stopped going there when i was 19- too old.

Julians nite-club situated next to Julians shop and along with Julians taxi service and catering service.... They own the entire village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Worst night club ive ever been in..

Ballinrobe... name is on the tip of the tongue, but cant remember it..

alls i remember was bringing some woman i was with there at the end of the night down to my parked van and botteling the bejasus out of her for the night..

It was rather handy.. she lived in clare galway so i dropped her home the next morning on my way back to my girlfriends (at that time) apartment. Arrived there at 7am and slipped into bed beside her... to this day i ant understand how she couldnt smell her off me..

I wouldnt get away with that now, my fiance has the keen sence of smell of a foxhound. I only need to think about another woman an she could scent it off me. Enter brutal punishment.

Do what I did snyper, cancel it & blame the r********* :D
    Thats at least 2 years breathing space for me
    snyper wrote: »
    Dont go out to clubs much... but Karma in athlone would be my favorite.

Since i got engaged i dont really go to clubs much.

Saving for weddings is bollix

My nightclubs are like my women...

sticky, smelly about 14 years old and illegal to enter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭An Ard Ri

The End Nightclub, Phoenix Park Racecourse. At the time it seemed awful, but looking back on it - Brilliant Times!

Danger Doyles.....them were the days:D
    gazzer wrote: »
    AH this thread brings back memories.

When I was 16/17 me and my mates used to go to The Apartment (under 18's club on Fleet St in Dublin). It was a great spot. There was 2 dance floors and also a cinema and games room. Great spot.

After that we graduated to 'Blooms, The Harp, Rumours, Hollywood Nights, Mont Clare, Club Nassau, Danger Doyles. Then with the whole dance scene we started to go to the likes of The System and Grouchos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Anarchy Night Cafe anybody???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

I used to go to Bubbles All Nighter 60s/Mod niteclub, it was brilliant, does anyone else remember this???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

studiorat wrote: »
    Anarchy Night Cafe anybody???

Aye. Couple of lads from Trinity ran it. Where Fibbers is now?

Also have fond memories of McGonagles (anybody remember Voodoo and Soul on Ice clubs there?), Sides, Olympic Ballroom, Blue Note and the Rock Garden. All in Dublin.

Also remember the Apartment. 80s. Just off Fleet street. One of the first places I went to. :o

Used to love the late, great Vicos in Belfast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

laceys nightclub half way between dundalk and newry!!!pure $hit hole, drink over priced and full of culchies!!!!!good times though lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Did Midas become Monsoon?

yes it did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

rossie1977 wrote: »
    yes it did

Are you from Ballinlough? It would explain your Roscommon-ness and patronage of Ballyhaunis nightclubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Aysha

McGonagles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

The Kitchen, great place during my college years, was in there several nights of the week, student night was jammers, all drinks 1 quid

Handles on Fishamble street, always started of here on a weekend night out in town, had great music and atmosphere until all it turned into a haunt for scum.

Switch, great Drum n Bass nights years ago, bouncers were friendly, dark and dingy but always had a great night there.
    RiRa

The Backbar in bray back in the 90's. One of first night clubs i could get into when i was 17. It was a dive but always had a great laugh.

I remember Ziggy's too, that place was a nut house, they served cans and it had a chipper in it.

The Deep in Stillorgan, when i was a wee young lad. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭livindadream

To all the drama, to drunken convo's, to hot randomers, to beer goggles, to little tops and even littler skirts, to the two week before or two minute before planned outfit, to all the tickets kept in bra's, to the all the lost cloakroom tickets, to the little hole in the wall for 'drinks'

to the disgusting hot sweaty dance floor, to everyone who has ever had a first in wezz, to guys starting fights just to be shmad, to feeling like ****, to that daunting walk from the gate past everyone watching you till you join the queue, to the girl who always ends up crying

to making friends with randomers, to i.d's to prove we're 16 (haha!), to dance off's, to the dodgey fake tan, to all the lads out front who never get in, to all the legends who ran across the pitch, to doney and carmella and their evil posse of illumonus yellow waistcoat clad bouncers, to skipping the queue and getting crushed in it, to the legendary shell garage, to talking about what happened...well what you thought happened or what you could remember what happened for the following Monday at school

to beat-the-slapper, to Halloween, xmas and all the special occasion wezz's, to the mirrors in the girls bathroom (agh!!), to that weird sign in book, to knacker circles, to downing drinks down lanes, to the coldness outside, to fluffy boots and fluffy bras,to that cheer when they put on a song that everyone loves and the way everyone runs in from outside to dance to it,

to getting stung, to the dj's who put up with all the ridiculous requests, to the crazy woman who sells roses, to scabbing for smokes, to out-of-line drunken comments,the next morning regrets

Where else!?!

Wezz !

Advertisement