Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to London

Options
  • 14-07-2009 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

So my visa for Canada is up soon and thinking about moving to London. Has anyone moved there recently or does anyone know what the job situation is like over there. I'm looking for something in Property/Project Management. I know the cost of living is high but couldn't be much worse than Dublin or Toronto. How much should I be looking at to rent there, preferably a shared house/condo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

I can't advise on jobs but the thing I find about London is that the cost of living can be quite cheap as long as you know where to look. It being such a large city it can sometimes be easy to miss out on the good deals because they require a bit more looking around for.

Supermarkets and pubs can be far far cheaper. The tube can be expensive but then buses can be much cheaper than Dublin. There is always going to be the cinemas that charge £12 a pop, but then you can always go to some on certain days for a fiver.

Rent in a shared house can be quite reasonable if you are willing to look around a bit. Check www.gumtree.com for an idea. With a bit of persistence you can easily get a decent sized room in a shared house in Zone 2/3 for £375/£400 a month - though I know people who are paying less depending on how many bedrooms in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 kod137

Hey thats great advice, thank you

Advertisement