Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet leisure routes in north Dublin?

Options
  • 14-07-2009 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I'm looking to do some quiet mid-range cycling 25 - 55 km from the northside.

I've tried a few roads the far side of the Phoenix park. The strawberry beds was beautiful, but fairly busy (at around 7pm). The roads around Blanchardstown are mad busy and it was a strain - keeping constantly right to the edge keeping a steady grip. Cars meeeaaawwing on country roads at 60mph.

It's not that I'm nervous in traffic, but I get enough of it in town. In some ways cycling in the city centre is less nerve-racking than out in the near countryside.

So are there any quiet routes I'm missing? Any quiet old roads left after the 90's motorways?

I'm new to cycling (after some time abroad) and am only beginning to realise the city goes on and on twice as far as in 1989.

Comments

Advertisement