Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone stolen can we track it

• 14-07-2009 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi all,

My girlfriends phone was stolen on saturday the 4th of july. We thought she had just lost it and had to wait until friday night to check the nightclub incase it was in there. Anyway she had insurance and was able to get another one yesterday and her old number. Who ever had it was using the phone and used all the credit. She got 2 phone calls yesterday, obviously from people who had rang the phone while it was gone.
    So my question , is there anyway of tracking these people since we have their numbers? Just to find out who the number is registered to?
    We are gonna pass the numbers onto the guards because I have a feeling that apart from stealing the phone, they were doing some a lot more dodgy with the phone!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I doubt the garda will chase up that information as it proves nothing and is confidential. The Garda mighten be to intrested as there's no proof of a crime only a mispaced phone.
    Your network can blacklist the phone so it becomes usless to the current users if that would help.
    I don't see a crime here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

What network is she on can you check online and see what calls were made?

Advertisement