Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wifi schedule shutdown

• 14-07-2009 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi,
    I'm looking for a program that will automatically turn off the wifi on my Eircom Netopia router. I want to be able to set it to shut down the Wifi at a certain time so the kids aren't online all night. If I turn it off at the router they just sneak down and turn it off. I've looked at the router settings and theres nothing there to do this. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Hi,
    I'm looking for a program that will automatically turn off the wifi on my Eircom Netopia router. I want to be able to set it to shut down the Wifi at a certain time so the kids aren't online all night. If I turn it off at the router they just sneak down and turn it off. I've looked at the router settings and theres nothing there to do this. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Have you tried punishing them for disobeying you? This forum might suit you better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Why not change the WEP key every night or something....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

How about a simple "NO"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 gonzothegreat

I can do all that, but I dont mind them playing until 12:30, I was just looking for a piece of software to turn it off automaticaly without all that hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I can do all that, but I dont mind them playing until 12:30, I was just looking for a piece of software to turn it off automaticaly without all that hassle.

Then in answer to your question, no there isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

On my router configuration page theres something like 'Access Restrictions' or 'Internet Access Policy'. Check if theres a schedule you can enable to allow/deny internet access at certain times on certain days.

Don't have a netopia router myself but on my router thats what its like on mine. Hope you get it sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

limit each pc by mac address then impliment a lock on the computers themselves. Then again thats a challenge and kids love challenges. You could try just taking the power supply to bed with you. How's that?

Advertisement