Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009 Wold Matchplay, Blackpool

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

maybe my last comment on him was a little strong, i have max respect for him i just hate watching his matches and he does go on a bit sometimes, of course there a bit of jelousy but thats to be expected but saying that you should only be jelous if you havn't put everything you can into becoming better.

i have never met him but i just think he's too smug, don't hate the guy just hate the whole phil talyor nature of the sport now a days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭CORRO77

yeah you should yous have been jealous of man utd for the past 15 years.(and im a chelsea fan).

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

World Matchplay lads??

Have to say was funny watching his match tonight, topic of conversation was more on his hair cut than his darts, but another top performance from him.

have to say I am in the camp of wanting to see him knocked out in the early rounds to open up a tournament and see everyone else really go for it

Hope Lewis really gives him a game now in the next round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Yes back to the world matchplay. Some brilliant checkouts from Lewis tonight especially that 156! Amazing. If he can just improve on his scoring he can give Taylor a game hopefully. Players who have impressed me so far apart from Taylors brilliance are Anderson, Barney and Lewis. Hopefully there will be a few more magical moments in the next few days!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Anyone think it was a tad bit condescending when he clapped at Painters 180 in the final leg? I'm sure it was genuine but it just seemed kind of wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Another full days play today! Hope the Bronzed Adonis can beat King lol:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lads read the title of this thread, it says 2009 World Matchplay not Bristow exhibitions or football! All off topic posts will be deleted because I don't to read them. I have had to delete 9 posts in this thread because of topic stuff and petty squabbling.

As for last nights darts I thought it was a poor night as the three games were very one sided. MvG never showed up. He is in real trouble as he has lost his sponsor and seems to be on a run of terrible bad luck. He keeps getting horrible draws but he has to start winning soon or he is going to slip down the rankings. Barney played well but his head still isn't right. He needs to sit down and talk to someone and get it right or Taylor will keep beating him.

The Lewis v Lloyd game was more like an exhibition match! In fairness Lewis was pretty good and hit some amazing finishes but he did his usual trick of going to sleep for a few legs and against someone who is on form he will be in trouble. Lloyd was awful and never showed up. He will be very disappointed with himself.

Taylor was brilliant, he really beat Painter up. Painter was a shadow of the player from the first round though and will be very disappointed. As for Taylor clapping Painters 180, I thought it was bad form at the time but I don't think Taylor meant it in a condesending way. I doubt Painter appreciated it though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

nobody likes taylor??? why because there will be no 1 like him ever again fact... i met the man twice true gent. just makes the game we try play??? easy..fact.....2 all yous idiots...ha ha..........

Mate you are free to air whatever opinion you like on this site as long as you don't resort to personal abuse towards other members.

Let that be the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Leixlip_Red

Another strong performance last night from Taylor. Good average, good checkout %.

I can't see him loosing, what do you guys think?

Another good day of darts today, especially the three matches on tonight which should be crackers. Wade v Anderson is the standout and has all the makings of an epic.

Here are my predictions for today: (Winners in bold)

Afternoon Session (1pm start)
    Mervyn King v Steve Beaton
    Vincent van der Voort v Wayne Mardle
    Terry Jenkins v Denis Ovens

Evening Session (7pm start)
    Ronnie Baxter v Alan Tabern
    Raymond van Barneveld v Mark Walsh
    James Wade v Gary Anderson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭clivebaby

King playing very well, hitting everything in sight. If he keeps that form up he has a great chance of winning the tournament!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

12-8 to King now. Beaten has done well to stay in the game although it will take something very special for him to win it now. King averaging around 97 and Beaten 92

Half way through King was on an average of 105, I think he took his foot off the gas with his scoring!

Unlucky Beaton, King breaking him twice early on made it very difficult, and King was very impressive for the first half, Beaton did well to keep hanging in there, but ultimately not good enough.

Mardle getting on me nerves yet again, grow up Mardle! C'mon Vincent beat him!

Mardle averaging 81 and losing 10-4. Rubbish

Yeah for a pro to be averaging 81 is rubbish, VdV is not even playing well with an average of 91 but is still destroying him!:D:D

The Bull to get roasted by Ovens? I highly doubt it. 13-2 to Jenkins I reckon.

• Advertisement

The Bull to get roasted by Ovens? I highly doubt it. 13-2 to Jenkins I reckon.

Ah it won't be that bad. 13-6 or 13-7 I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

the sooner wayne mardles ****s off and stops making a joke of this sport the better, he can't play, is always jumping around and on the odd occasion he hits a 180 reacts like he's the best ever.

Delighted he got murdered, now off to the BDO to play wolfie with ya.

Jenkins and Ovens will be a long one imho 13-8 but not a quick game.

Haha good man Vincent calling Klaasen and MvG bastards during his interview. Legend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

C'mon Denis, back in it now :D

Good comeback from the Heat. 11-9 at the break now with Ovens throwing first in the next leg. Jenkins looks rattled but he did well to win the last leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Haha good man Vincent calling Klaasen and MvG bastards during his interview. Legend :)

Hahaha cant see the darts in here........did he say it as in he doesnt like them or was it just crap engerlish?

He said it as a joke because dave Clarke said they had gone home and left him to practice on his own. Was very funny.

Ovens just hit a 120 checkout to make it 11-11. Come on the Heat!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

G'wan Jenkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Can't wait for 7pm now, going to be one hell of a night of darts, anderson/wade will be unbelieveable as long as anderson doesn't get the famous "nerves" he's so use to getting

barney/walsh and baxter/tabern...can't wait:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

C'mon Jenks

Advertisement